A few hours in the shed

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Last year I offered up some of my second-rate woodwork at a charity fundraising event at work. I sold a few spoons, a stick or two, and a load of coasters. Seemed to go ok.

This year, to my surprise, I've been asked to do it again, only I don't have anything suitable ready. I've been given an event date of the end of May, which leaves me with an unfortunate combination of a lack of talent and a lack of time. I have therefore decided to go for things that I can make quickly.

So, today being rainy, I retreated to the man space for a few hours, and this is what I came out with.

Paperweights/small decorative objects. The back row is laburnam, the cube (originally intended as a die, but I decided against it in the end) is yew, and the big round thing is oak, and is 4" across.
IMGP0748.jpgIMGP0749.jpgIMGP0750.jpg

Two decorative teaspoons (that's how big they are) made from heavily spalted larch and finished in walnut oil. I'm quite pleased with these, and I have more of the wood, so I will make a few more as they took little more than 15 minutes each, start to finish.
IMGP0754.jpgIMGP0755.jpg

I'm quite pleased with the outcome, and it was a nice way to spend a rainy day.

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
Nice work harvestman, well done, do like the spoons very much. Keep up the good ,You could make rulers with spalted larch to sell. Or round coasters.
Cheers the interceptor boy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE