A few different dinners in the woods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

john scrivy

Nomad
May 28, 2007
essex
The Green stick barbaque we cooked steak >The tripod and pot we had Lamb stew and we also spit roast a leg of Row deer I think
309.jpg

216.jpg

211.jpg

004.jpg

john scrivy

Nomad
May 28, 2007
essex
Know we didnt do banock on those trips but have done so in the past you might just notice the veggie kebabs in the barbaque pic they turned out good

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
No, on closer inspection it is the hollow log by the fire, it has cause an optical illusion which makes the hollow centre look like a loaf of bannock..
:D Or am I just going LALA!!:lmao:

john scrivy

Nomad
May 28, 2007
essex
That hollow log beleave it or not is in fact a n old woodpeckers nest there is a entry hole not shown on the side this has also doubled up as a wind break for a candle

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Very tastey looking. I have cooked muntjac haunches on BBQs but we usually bone them and butterfly them out........just to be sure.

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Venison is very safe, like beef but from a social bbq perspective I just like to ensure everything is cooked through, by boneing and butterflying, even if I am very well oiled I know I am not going to make anyone ill:beerchug:

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
That looks tasty:p I must really start taking some meat camping i see all these pictures and it makes my rat packs and tin food however tasty pretty boring, I think the order of food next outing is a crate of beer and half a cow!

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
John is that a heart on the last picture? :O If i may ask is this is a proper campsite or just woodland and are you with friends? I ask purley because looks a great time and would be even better if it was with your mates - i think im going to see if the lads want to do something like this :D

john scrivy

Nomad
May 28, 2007
essex
The site we stay at is a privatley owned wood which the owner does not mind us using as we allways leave clean and tidy he quite offten turns up and joins us for the passing of the horn A saxon traddition the drinking horn is usually filled with port and passed around untill it requires retoppin We go with a couple of very good freinds and my two sons aged 23 and 26 our next trip is this coming friday evening through till sunday evenin I will post some pictures when we get back

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE