A day spent woolgathering (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
For someone who is working all the time, this was a lovely thing to see before I have to go out to work this afternoon, thank you very much for sharing!

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Looks like a 'white' Blackbird ?? strange, never seen one like that before, must be some sort of albino gene running in there.:confused: Well spotted.

The term for this sort of thing is Leucistic, sort of a partial albino. It is not uncommon in birds but shows up best in dark birds like blackbirds. First time I've seen one. It is based on a recessive gene, and of course the birds that show it don't do so well as potential mates prefer the standard colouration.

Androo

Nomad
Dec 8, 2010
NW UK
Nice post Harvestman - reminds me I must go and get some ramsons myself! Any idea on what you may do with the wool? There is lots and lots of white wool caught on barbed wire and hedges round here and I'm tempted to collect it myself.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Nice post Harvestman - reminds me I must go and get some ramsons myself! Any idea on what you may do with the wool? There is lots and lots of white wool caught on barbed wire and hedges round here and I'm tempted to collect it myself.

No idea at all. Wool stuff is something I would like to learn, but have no knowledge or skill about yet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE