A couple of new ones

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
A bit different from my usual stuff, both are 01 4mm'ish, both have oak grips with black liners, both have buffalo dangler sheaths.

The smaller one is a bit over 200mm, with a 95mm blade, the bigger one has a 110mm blade. Both grips are 110mm. I'm thinking basic utility knives with no frills but capable of taking all sorts of abuse.

st1.jpg

st2.jpg

st3.jpg

A bit of dodgy lighting one this one, the proper colour is seen in the bottom shot.

st4.jpg

st5.jpg

What do you all think?

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Not bad :) Personally i'd lose the choil as they dont do anything and cause more problems than they solve.. I hear folk say they help choke up on the blade, but nowhere near as well as if the handle came upto the edge. Much more comfortable that way. :)

What tools do you use to make them?

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
Hi, Mark,

OK, loose the choil and extend the cutting edge up to the grip, but keep the sizes more or less as is?

Toolswise, a single burner gas forge, a 3lb 'catshead' type hammer and an old Peter Wright anvil. Otherwise just the usual array of workshop stuff, belt sander, pillar drill, etc.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I think the cutting edge looks to be of a useful size. IMO i think if you extended the cutting edge of the larger one upto the handle, and just lost the choil on the smaller one but kept the cutting edge the same size, you would have a couple of good sized options for folk to choose from. I like the shape... kind of a nessie type look to them :)

Hi, Mark,

OK, loose the choil and extend the cutting edge up to the grip, but keep the sizes more or less as is?

Toolswise, a single burner gas forge, a 3lb 'catshead' type hammer and an old Peter Wright anvil. Otherwise just the usual array of workshop stuff, belt sander, pillar drill, etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE