A couple of new knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
These were commissioned by a woodsman for his two sons, so hopefully, they'll be pleased with the end result.

beads1.jpg

Ignore the one on the far right, that's in another thread.

beads2.jpg

Both are roughly 100mm blades and about the same for the handles. The wooden one is Yew, with black fibre spacers and brass both ends. The pommel is secured by a 6mm thread, as is the stag and leather offering. They both balance on the bolster and the blades are finished in my usual 'minimalist' style. Incidentally, I've recently discovered that 'brut de forge' translates directly from medieval french as 'lazy bu**er who can't be bothered to clean up after himself'.

I'm not sure about the beads on the leatherwork, or the braided stuff used to lace them all together. I'll probably go back to my usual sheath for the next ones. The next ones will be something a bit special, by the way, just to keep you all in suspense!

So, what do you think!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Nice work again, Bob..............I think the sheaths look fine with the bead and braid; kinda funky as MoT puts it succinctly!.................................atb mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE