A couple of my latest projects

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
A new tobacco pouch and a spoon that is a friends birthday present.

PICT0783_edited-1.jpg

PICT0785_edited-1.jpg

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
lupus said:
nice work bisamratte,i love the spoon spoons are great :togo:
is it made of ash wood?

Thanks lupus, spoons are adictive :D

Its made from birch but ash is the next lump of wood due to be spoonified so watch this space :D

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
:) nice spoon, birch is good wood to use, have you treated it with anything?. I like the pouch too nice antler fastener. :)

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
SOAR said:
:) nice spoon, birch is good wood to use, have you treated it with anything?. I like the pouch too nice antler fastener. :)

I used some food safe mineral oil to finish the spoon with, it wont go rancid like vegetable oil does (not that I have ever had any problems with rancid veg oil yet)

The antler fastener works really well, simple but effective :) this is my first proper attempt at leather work so I'm quite pleased with it.

Thank you all for your comments,

Andy

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Bisamratte said:
I used some food safe mineral oil to finish the spoon with, it wont go rancid like vegetable oil does (not that I have ever had any problems with rancid veg oil yet)

The antler fastener works really well, simple but effective :) this is my first proper attempt at leather work so I'm quite pleased with it.

Thank you all for your comments,

Andy

I use edible flax seed oil on my spoons it really brings out the grain. For a first attempt at leather work you have done a great job. Whats your next project? :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE