A couple of leather bags

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
I have finished a couple of leather bags and thought you'd like to see.... Well, I hope so, anyway:D

This one is fairly large, hand sewn with artificial sinew, of "distressed" 1mm veg tan leather, fairly large 350mm long by 250 mm high by 75mm wide. It's got an inside pocket and can take all I need for day's outing, including that little axe and copper pot (both purchased before the credit crunch reduced my play money to nil :( ) I can put the hatchet inside the bag, but I think I am either going to put a couple of loops on the back of the bag for it, or make a baldric for it, not sure yet.

DSCN0252.jpg

This small one started life as a gusseted side pocket for another bag I am making, before I fluffed the measurements, so the side pocket has become a small belt pouch, 130mm by 100mm by 30mm. It's partially lined with pillow ticking. I quite like it i think it give the pouch an old fashion, well worn look.

DSCN0250-2.jpg

DSCN0249-1.jpg

Faol

Aug 10, 2008
USA
www.bushcraftusa.com
I like the big bag. I made my first one from elk hide a couple of months ago. It works for day scouts, but I would like my next one to be a bit more rigid, like yours.

Beautiful bag indeed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE