A couple of days on inchconnachan island, Loch Lomond earlier in the year...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Earlier in the year I decided to take my wee girl with us on a short kayaking trip to the islands of loch lomond - camping on inchconnachan & doing a bit of exploring.

We've done this a few times with two boats so decided to have a go at rafting up the 3 boats with Kimberly in the middle - used two halfs of split paddle for propulsion - handled suprisingly well - still very fast - so we went right around both islands landing to explore the many little inlets.
LochLomond001.jpg

LochLomond012.jpg

We got a little audience when setting up the boats - as usual - Kimberly thought it was a brilliant idea...
LochLomond045.jpg

Setting up camp....I've always liked this little bay.
LochLomond049.jpg

LochLomond051.jpg

LochLomond055.jpg

Exploring the old house....& acting like a bunch of 7yr olds...
LochLomond033.jpg

A beautiful moonlit night - the sky stained by Glasgow's distant light bloom - used to our advantage in these frames.
LochLomond083.jpg

LochLomond077.jpg

LochLomond071.jpg

LochLomond076.jpg

A cracking night at the fire...Earlier, a big deer had emerged from the water in the moonlight about 20 yards behind us -
& paused to look at us - one of those truely magical moments that a photo could not do justice.
LochLomond074.jpg

LochLomond094.jpg

As above......So below......the same frame turned on its heid...duality.
LochLomond093c.jpg

Heading home....
LochLomond007.jpg

Last edited:

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
cracking pictures mate - Got to get up there with my canoe sometime !! What island are the wallaby on, have you ever seen them ??

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oh good trip :D
Happy looking kid too :D
My Dad did this kind of trip with me too, and I still remember them as some of the best of times :)

Thanks for sharing,
cheers,
Toddy

The wallabies are on that island - Inchconnachan - I think it's called - here's a couple of close up wallaby pics taken from an earlier trip which is still on the forum- honestly - they know no fear - they sit round the fire with you - I even offered one of them a Tennents (no Sh*t) but apparently they only drink fosters....
LochLomond062.jpg

LochLomond139.jpg

LochLomond120.jpg

Last edited:
Yeh magic trip - I love spending time like this with my two wee girls - The sea kayaks are at home on any large water, I had re-designed & rebuilt the black boat (my first boat) with the graceful curved bow & stern then later gifted it to my younger bro when I got the Icefloe - I'm glad he still lets me use it - it's a special bit of kit.

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm looking forward to getting back on the island soon Davey, those pics have put me right in the mood for it.

Looks like a great trip davie ,and those night pics are crackers

Jason

Yeh the pics turned out great - a lovely night for it - there was a lot of sea kayaks on the water that night - all with red & green lights & head torches - think they were doing night Nav by gps - looked the biz - we met some of them on the water the next day - Check out my earlier post from my june 2010 trip to the same island - you'll see an open boat in one of the frames - apparently you & col were on the loch that day - reckon that might be your boat??

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Great pics:cool:

Cant wait to take my lad out when he is old enough :)
Had an idea those wallabies lacked any beverage taste.

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
yup :) on me to do list - see a wallaby close up in scotland - and i don,t give a xxxx what they drink ,as long as its not mine :rofl:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE