A brief introduction

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 14, 2013
Cambridge, U.K.
Hi guys,

I thought that it would be polite to make myself known to you all. My name's Adam, I currently live in Cambridge and am in the process of switching careers, retraining in Game & Wildlife Management. I've had a long held interest in bushcraft and its associated skills, I'm joining the forums in the hope that I can ask questions as and when the need arises, and benefit from the forum's collective knowledge base. I'm also optimistic that access to the classifieds will aid me in increasing the size of my slip joint knife collection!

Cheers,

Adam.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Welcome to the best resource on the net.

If I may ask, is that career switch your choice? Either way, good luck and have fun with it.

Apr 14, 2013
Cambridge, U.K.
If I may ask, is that career switch your choice? Either way, good luck and have fun with it.

It was indeed. I'm currently at a juncture in my life where I have the opportunity to select a new career that I hope will be rewarding in the long term. I was considering trying to get into gunsmithing for a substantial period of time, and was looking to enroll upon a formal training program in the US.

However, this proved to be a complex undertaking owing to the laws surrounding non-citizens buying and owning firearms. It was suggested to me some time ago that deer management might be something to consider. This planted an idea which has led me to where I am today - it's funny how things work out sometimes! I honestly think that I'll be much more content working in Wildlife Management than I would ever have been as a gunsmith.

As an aside, thank you to everyone who's posted a welcome on this thread - it's much appreciated.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE