The Bushcraft UK, Introduction to Wild camping course is a low cost high quality opportunity for members of the Bushcraft UK community to experience top of the range instruction in fantastic rural Dorset at an affordable price, concentrating on the Key Bushcraft and Wild camping skills of the temperate forest.
The Bushcraft UK Introduction to wild camping weekend is designed for those that have never (or are a bit rusty!) enjoyed the pleasure of wild camping. On this two day course you will receive lectures and obtain first hand practical experience of every thing involved to enjoy a trip under canvas or similar. At the end of the course you will have the confidence to go into the wild and camp and live comfortably. All students will be expected to sleep under Bivvi tarps provided during the weekend. If you have never wild camped, this is the course for you.
During the course students will be expected to participate in routine tasks around the camp such as firewood and water collection and general camp duties.
Course subjects will cover:
- The law and wild camping in England, Scotland and Wales.
- Outfitting and equipment selection (Inc Rucksacks and all contents)
- Contemporary shelter choice. (Tents, Hammocks, Gapahuks and Bivvis)
- Camp site selection and hazard avoidance.
- Fire lighting Techniques.
- Modern/contemporary camp cookers and their use
- Cooking over the open fire and on cookers
- Water procurement, purification, filtration and carriage.
- Food selection for a trip.
- Camp Hygiene and sanitation.
- Leave no trace camping.
- Rucksack. (Large enough to carry all your kit)
- A set of suitable outdoor clothing. (appropriate to season).
- Walking boots or Wellingtons
- Hat and gloves.
- Waterproof outer wear. (Jacket and trousers preferable)
- Sleeping bag (appropriate for the season) Gortex or similar bivvi bag will be provided.
- Insulating sleeping mat (closed cell or Thermarest type is ideal).
- Knife fork and spoon, small unbreakable bowl/plate, Mug.
- Torch (preferably a head torch) + spare batteries.
- Wash kit and toiletries + towel.
- Insect repellent.
- Notebook and pencil.
- Camera (this is optional).
Course provider: Bushcraft Expeditions
Minimum numbers: 12
Maximum numbers: 16
Minimum age: 18 (16 if accompanied by an adult)
Date of Course - 8th Oct – 9th Oct 2011
Course go/no go date: 8th September 2011 (If you book in September the full amount will need to be paid to secure your place)
RV time 09:00hr on the 8th @ Beaminster, Dorset (Further details will be sent)
Course disperses: 15:00hr on the 9[SUP]th[/SUP] October
Accommodation: Bivvis and Gortex Bivvi bags (Provided)
Catering: Full Board
(Full joining instructions will be issued on go/no go date)
Course Cost and payment details:
Cost: £125.00 (Fully inclusive of VAT)
A Non refundable deposit of £50.00 is required on booking – This deposit will however be refunded in full if the course does not go ahead
Final payments: Payable immediately from the 8th August if course takes place and by no later than 8th Sept. Any one failing to pay their final payment by the 8th Sept will lose their deposit and forfeit their place to a reserve. It is the individual's responsibility to make note of the above and make prompt payment. Neither Bushcraft UK or Bushcraft Expeditions will be responsible for chasing up and reminding individuals about payments.
All bookings and payments should be made directly to Bushcraft Expeditions by the following means:
To pay by credit/debit card:
Contact Becky in the Bushcraft Expeditions office on 01432 356700. You will need to provide your full name, address, bank/card and contact (email and phone) details and BCUK user name.
To pay by Paypal:
Contact Becky in the Bushcraft Expeditions office on 01432 356700 or on the email address below. You will need to provide your full name, address, contact (email and phone) details, and BCUK user name. Do not make any payment until you have confirmed your booking with Bushcraft Expeditions office.
firstname.lastname@example.org (use this email address for Paypal payments)
To pay by bank transfer:
If paying directly into the bank by bank transfer etc please phone the number above for the account details. You will need to provide your full name, address, bank/card and contact (email and phone) details and BCUK user name.
All payments are by secure means.
On receipt of your booking and clearance of your deposit, all paper work will be sent via email, unless otherwise requested differently
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT NO STUDENTS BOOK TRAVEL TICKETS OR PURCHASE COURSE EQUIPMENT OR FOOD UNTIL THE EXPEDITION HAS BEEN CONFIRMED TO BE TAKING PLACE. NIETHER BUSHCRAFT UK OR BUSHCRAFT EXPEDITIONS WILL BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY EXPENSE AS A RESULT OF STUDENTS NOT COMPLYING WITH THE ABOVE STATEMENT.