A blog about Wildcamping with some excellent pictures.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I've been kind of putting this off for a while because this blog was by a woman I went to school with, she sadly died in her sleep on the 8th of may this year.
To be honest, even though I read her name and knew the family members mentioned in the obituary somehow I kind of hoped it wasn't her.
She was one of those people I wouldnt see for a year or two, then see at some random place and have a long conversation with and catch up.
Her long term partner died not so long ago and it obviously it hit her hard.

Anyway, I kind of feel Kates blog is worth sharing as she wildcamped up a lot of mountains, went down 400 foot multi pitch abseils into Coniston coppermines on her own and generally did some impressive things. I feel honoured to have known her and saddened that she's dead.
Anyway, her name was Kate Tyler and her life was an inspiration.
https://katewildcamping.wordpress.com/

The blog covers aspects of her grief as well as her anxiety about being in crowds and meeting new people, lets face it, likely something a few of us can sympathise with. Its well worth a read and if you only look at the mountain photos its still beautiful.

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
How tragic, I didn't know Kate, but I did enjoy reading her blog and must confess that I was wondering if she was ok as she stopped posting on the blog a little while after losing her partner.

I enjoyed reading Kate's blog posts because she kept things simple, no bullish!t, she just got outdoors and lived for the moment regardless of the challenges that life seemed to throw at her. She must have been hard as nails too as I noticed how she always seemed to bivvy on top of the mountains in the harshest of conditions. I dip my cap to her as she is a true inspiration to us all and one of the reasons why I started writing a blog myself.

Very sorry for your loss and condolences to the family.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomad64

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
A very moving, well written and inspirational read - thank you for sharing.

Very sad but it must have been a privilege to know Kate - definitely a life well lived despite the hardships and heartbreak. :emoji_sunrise_over_mountains: :emoji_milky_way:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE