A bit of progress with my figure carving

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Morning all,

I posted early in the new year after spending some time with one of my Christmas pressies “carving the little guys” and shared my first attempts.

Although I’m still nowhere near Gary Eldon of this parish, whose work is something to aspire to, I like to think in improving a little - what I lack in detail and fine skill I have discovered I can make up for/hide with paint!

Anyway a very good friend and colleague is leaving tomorrow for pastures new and aside from the usual cards, bottles of plonk and naff gift I thought I would add something with a personal touch.
I only thought about it on Sunday and am slightly amazed I managed to carve and paint it in 48 hours considering my first took over a week.

Like I said it’s not the best but I am a little bit proud of this, just need to remember to tell her it’s more a caricature than a facsimile.

5fdc55bf83aa9f516e2b77ae4f36e396.jpg

8a889f645ee9463c6aca08169d6b6a0e.jpg

And one with my own likeness and my first attempt at all this malarkey.

8efba75d5bcaa7222575408fc439be7b.jpg

All the best, Hamster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Hi
Really like those little ones they do bring a smile
And thank you for the compliment
Gary

Thanks Gary, very well deserved the level of fine detail you can get in you little guys is quite something and definitely worth aspiring too.

I know Tony is keen to do more of this type of carving from a comment on another post so hopefully we might start seeing a small army in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE