A bargain FAK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Nov20641.jpg
[/IMG]

This is the PLCE medics pouch that Martyn has got.

I paid £8....thats including postage....

in it was

6 first field dressings
6 crepe bandages
6 triangular bandages
paramedic shears
scalpel
foil blanket
2 oropharyngeal airways
2 micropore tape
2 burn bags for the hands
sutures
assorted plasters

which is a deal more than was advertised.

I am one happy Tengu!

On the pouch its a very good design, though if I was making my own I no doubt could improve upon it (ie make it more fiddly.)

Voivode

Forager
Oct 24, 2006
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
rik_uk3 said:
Would you use the airways on a person?

Not without training and the proper meds, I hope. AFAIK, you have to drug people to suppress the gag reflex when inserting an airway. It just will not go in otherwise. As well, there are plenty of ways to bung it up if you're not skilled.

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
An airway would only be used in a first aid situation if the patient is unconsious, then there would be no gag response.

If the patient started regaining conciousness the airway should be removed asap.

Nice FAK Tengu, I assume it zips onto a bergan like any other side pouch?

david

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
moduser said:
An airway would only be used in a first aid situation if the patient is unconsious, then there would be no gag response.

If the patient started regaining conciousness the airway should be removed asap.

Nice FAK Tengu, I assume it zips onto a bergan like any other side pouch?

david

100% right, please people, do not carry an airway until you have recieved a lot of training, you could end up doing more harm than good

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE