A 70 year old knife as a present

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ddokkum

Forager
Feb 16, 2007
The Netherlands
My grandfather gave me his old scouting knife today.
It is a knife he used in 1938 when he was a boy scout in Holland.
I gave it a good polish and sharpened it and now it is ready to use for another 70 years.

DSC05380.jpg

roots

Sep 12, 2004
wiltshire
It must be nice:) to have that with you when you are out and about. You can carry a part of your Grandfather with you and have the satisfaction of using a good honest old tool as well.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Always nice to put a tool back into service.
If you turned up at scouts with that nowadays you'd be jumped by an armed response unit:( .

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
that is really cool. really, really cool. :cool: and that's a cool knife. :cool:

thank goodness it wasn't a woodlore eh? :lmao:

cheers, and.

Thanks for posting, that's a really nice bit of kit.

I say thanks, because you've just prompted me to go & rummage in the loft as I remembered I'd been given a couple of knives a while back by my Dad - one was his, the other my Grandad's...

As this was some years back & they weren't exactly in pristine condition they just got put away for prosterity, and in the mean time I've since use a Frosts Mora, and then saved up, joined the waiting list and eventually got a Woodlore.

I'm currently making myself a Woodlore copy, and from my recently acquired knowledge doing that and this thread, I'm going to have a go at cleaning up the two older knives once I'm finished 'practicing'.

I'll post a thread showing them all once they're done.

Cheers :beerchug:

Jon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE