99p store crud

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
They're selling CCF camping mats in my local one. I estimate they're 4mm thick - useful for lining a box or something but can't imagine it would give you any significant improvement over nothing!

Still managed to spend £15 mind! :D

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
lol, just stick two together!

I actually bought a camping mat today froma charity shop, it was still new and in packaging with a new label of £7.99, I paid £3 :D

says it's 7mm thick and I'm guessing is just as tough as any other one for sale that isn't army issue.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
They're selling CCF camping mats in my local one. I estimate they're 4mm thick - useful for lining a box or something but can't imagine it would give you any significant improvement over nothing!

Still managed to spend £15 mind! :D

I used this stuff as the cushioning beneath the leather cladding on my bed.

touched by nature

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I bought a 'Camping miror' for the missus as it looked a good size. I expected it to be mirrored plastic or maybe thin stainless, turned out to be very thin glass and broke on opening packet!!! Totally useless!

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
4mm mats could come in useful to insulate the top of a self inflator, as they can get cold.
You could also use them as a bivvy protector as someone was asking the other day.

Ideal thickness for a second mat, buy 10 and throw them away as they get worn out.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
The trouble is with pound shops is that they are backed into a corner by the fixed price. When they firs turned up 20 odd years ago you could get some stonking deals and very large quantities of stuff for your pound. A pound will not buy you anything like it would back then so the quality of the items they sell has plummeted. They really are tat shops now. I pretty much only buy bankrupt stock or end of line stuff from them now as they are pretty much the only bargains to be had from them.

Graveworm

Life Member
Sep 2, 2011
London UK
I have a lot of the zip lock roll up vacuum storage bags from there, you get 3 for 99p, I think they are great value and useful for storage and travelling. In response to the 4mm mats I have 2 thin z fold sit mats that can velcro together to make a short sleep mat. They may be about 4mm I have used them in good weather and it was much better than just lying in the bivvy bag on the ground.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE