85 pat steel mug

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

markw

Forager
Jul 26, 2005
Leicestershire
Hello all,

Any one know if there 's a commercial available lid for the above. Tried making one out of old baking trays to no avail.

Thanks

M

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
markw said:
Hello all,

Any one know if there 's a commercial available lid for the above. Tried making one out of old baking trays to no avail.

Thanks

M
Don't think so Mark. I've made a lid for mine too from and old mess tin and although it's not exactly a work of art it does the job effectively. Drill a hole in the centre and attach a nice piece of carved wood for the handle/knob

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England

there is no such thing as a comercially made lid for any army mugs, it's all home made i'm afraid! :(

(though i immagine it's not far off after all the discussion that's going around).

i found a thread on the subject a year or two ago now and someone pointed out that Mr mears's mug had a lid, which on closer inspection was homemade.

if you are finding it hard, try my way using an old messtin! much easier to make, you only need a hammer and tin snips! the rest is sanding!

Heres the link:
My crusader cup lid design
hope it helps!

markw

Forager
Jul 26, 2005
Leicestershire
Thanks for the feedback guys. Kinds thought there weren't any commercial one's available. Will invest in a decent pair of tin nips and give it another go.

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE