7 Second Ember - Bowdrill

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Nice one Ashley, I never tire of it, You did well too with that large dia drill. :cool:

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
err... why TWO ?? or am I missing something
Yes you are!.. A byproduct of friction: HEAT! If you've got just one Limpet shell, a few fast turns and you'll find yourself with a limpet too hot to handle!.. Two Limpet shells resolves that issue :)

The thickness of the drill really isn't anything out of the norm, well for what I and two other friends use. We did have someone bring a much thicker drill to the meet which we gave a go but didn't have much success with.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
good effort mate, however you are now yesterdays news, my neighbours aunties best friends granny did it in 6.9999999 seconds so there, your just going to have to practice more and get it down to 6.999999998 seconds.

seriously well done mate, quickest ive had it was about a 40/50 seconds with a nice softish piece of hazel, yet the day before i was at it for about an hour without success, i think its really about the wood you choose, its so much more important to spend the time and effort getting the right wood and then spending under 5 mins doing the bowdrill.

all the best Colin :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE