6 x 4.5 x 2 Black Pouch With White Stitching

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
Hi everyone

Have this one for sale. GBP34

4mm Vegetable tanned leather dyed black with white linen stitched.

Internal dimensions are 140mm(H) x 100mm(W) x 38mm(D) - aproximately

300794782_65dea2d57b.jpg

300794781_c82e969e5c.jpg

Thank you

singteck

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Don't know about on anyone elses machine but those piccs have an odd blue cast to me Singteck :(

Red

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Mmmmm nice! both the chicken (snap:D ) and the pouch (as always!)

a question i have been meaning to ask you! - the stitching is done on an angle I realise, do you use a jig of any sort or is it just your great skill that enables you to get the stitches looking so neat?

I have tried once (having another go soon though) and even though the 'entry' holes are even (can easily mark the holes before) the exits though acceptable (for my skill) are not so even:(

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
Just as well I cooked extra! :D

You can come over to my place and I can show you how I do it. No jig involved. The exit hole shouldn't matter if they are more or less even. Can't have them all even but you should not be able to see them because they are hidden. If the entry hole are even then it could be your stitching. You have to make sure that the stiches are even. Remember which thread goes up and which one goes down and keep to that pattern.

singteck

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
singteck said:
Just as well I cooked extra! :D

lol - hope yours was as good as mine! :) ( I now have 2 girls 6&7 squabbling to do the washing up! - which is why i'm hideing on the pc!)

singteck said:
You can come over to my place and I can show you how I do it. No jig involved. The exit hole shouldn't matter if they are more or less even. Can't have them all even but you should not be able to see them because they are hidden. If the entry hole are even then it could be your stitching. You have to make sure that the stiches are even. Remember which thread goes up and which one goes down and keep to that pattern.

thats a lovely offer mate, thanks!

I get your drift but I guess I diddn't explain very well...... do you mark / punch the peices seperatly or in one go? - I drilled the holes in 'situ' as it were and though the hole is even on entry the exits are not as even where i went in at a slightly different angle i guess

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
I see what you mean :eek: I punch the hole separately. I mark the sides first and then use the side to mark the start hole on the front and back. A pricking iron is used to mark all the stitches and then I ***** them separately. The main piece with a stitching awl and the side with a round awl. I don't think you will be able to get a clean and lined exit hole with drilling.

singteck

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
singteck said:
I see what you mean :eek: I punch the hole separately. I mark the sides first and then use the side to mark the start hole on the front and back. A pricking iron is used to mark all the stitches and then I ***** them separately. The main piece with a stitching awl and the side with a round awl. I don't think you will be able to get a clean and lined exit hole with drilling.

singteck

right, think I follow you - perhaps i diddn't help myself by starting off by adding a base to a round tube! (looks like a highball glass):lmao:

The reason i tried it like that was because i was sewing a curve and couldn't get my (very poor math) head round working out how may holes and the angles etc.....

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
I think the easiest way to do round base is the mark the sides and then calculate the number of stitch hole. The divide the circle on the base to that amount and ***** the holes.

Not the easiest to try on a first project :D

singteck

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
singteck said:
I think the easiest way to do round base is the mark the sides and then calculate the number of stitch hole. The divide the circle on the base to that amount and ***** the holes.

duh! - why diddn't I think of that!!! :dunno:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE