5 Days Hiking

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Really enjoyed that; you write very well indeed
Well done. Those blisters look bad
I empathized strongly with your difficulties getting water.Its worth thinking about other opportunities to grab some H20
I don't use a filter but I do have plan of where I will be able to get water on route and always camp near a supply of some kind
Whats your next hike ?

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Really enjoyed that; you write very well indeed
Well done. Those blisters look bad
I empathized strongly with your difficulties getting water.Its worth thinking about other opportunities to grab some H20
I don't use a filter but I do have plan of where I will be able to get water on route and always camp near a supply of some kind
Whats your next hike ?

Thanks glad you liked the write up :). Yeah water was a pain in a way, maps can only tell so much. Some of the sources marked on the OS were the worst I used and some I just came across were the best :confused:.
My next trip I'm not sure but I'd love to do the Dales Way or the Cleveland Way next year.

digitracker

Mar 29, 2012
Leeds
I liked the critique on your kit, you seemed to have had a good balance of kit. Also you used most of what you took so not so much dead wood wood in there. Was there anything that you dumped off the first kit list that you regret not taking?

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Looks like a great trip. Tanks for sharing.

Thanks Santaman

I liked the critique on your kit, you seemed to have had a good balance of kit. Also you used most of what you took so not so much dead wood wood in there. Was there anything that you dumped off the first kit list that you regret not taking?

The only thing I really missed was the hand sanitiser, but that's only due to the lack of water at times. Also I only took one pole in the end should of taken the pair I think, would have been a help on some of the steeper sections.

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
Well done C_H, A great trip and a Great report, I've walked a lot in that area, But not done the Tabular Hills it's on my do to list, Thanks for sharing it with usgoodjob

Lucan

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Hindsights a wonderful thing But I pack Compeed on all my hillwalks and think it has saved me dozens of times if not more.

May be try and take some, try some another time

Great post thoroughly enjoyed reading it

Last edited:

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Hope you enjoy a lot more. Just been up the cheviots with the oldest boy for a couple of days and realised how much i miss being outdoors

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Brilliant stuff mate, loved the TR. goodjob Glad the kit worked out for you too. Thanks for taking us along :)

Blisters always make me wince and those look proper.:yikes:

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Hindsights a wonderful thing But I pack Compeed on all my hillwalks and think it has saved me dozens of times if not more.

May be try and take some, try some another time

Great post thoroughly enjoyed reading it

Thanks :), yeah I'd taken some generic blister plasters but maybe compeed would be worth the extra next time!

thanks for the write up. An inspiring and entertaining read for me. Brave to do such things alone!

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.
Brilliant stuff mate, loved the TR. goodjob Glad the kit worked out for you too. Thanks for taking us along :)

Blisters always make me wince and those look proper.:yikes:

Cheers, thanks for the help with the kit selection :)

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Looked bloody awesome bud, Great report. Thanks for sharing :)

You should have given me a shout I would have gladly joined you. Got my Sil-MinPeak coming next week and working on nice lightweight kit so if yo have anywhere in mind and would like the company you know where I am ;)

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Very well done, copper_head! Excellent after action review; thanks for sharing the trip with us. You have some great photos along the way. The pints and the steak pictures are well earned rewards. Again, nice job!

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Looked bloody awesome bud, Great report. Thanks for sharing :)

You should have given me a shout I would have gladly joined you. Got my Sil-MinPeak coming next week and working on nice lightweight kit so if yo have anywhere in mind and would like the company you know where I am ;)

Thanks Adam, I really want a minipeak. Reckon it would be just the job for this sort of thing :)

Very well done, copper_head! Excellent after action review; thanks for sharing the trip with us. You have some great photos along the way. The pints and the steak pictures are well earned rewards. Again, nice job!

Cheers Gordon. Glad you enjoyed the report. Hehe well we do this for enjoyment after all, a few luxuries along the way were very welcome :)

Last edited:

Druss

Forager
Jul 28, 2013
Leeds
Great report mate and some truly great pictures. Looks like a great way to spend 5 days, although i could almost feel those blisters, ouch. Hope your feet made a full recovery. I never heard of this walk until now but is something I think I would like to take on in the future. Thanks for sharing with us been a very entertaining read.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
You think those are bad check th3se beasts out...

a5ebymy2.jpg

a8y3yrat.jpg

Sent from Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 4

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE