5.11 rush 24 vs karrimor sabre delta 25

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rickyd

Tenderfoot
Sep 15, 2016
Warwickshire
I'm after a new bag, and I'm torr between the two. I have a 5.11 patrol ready bag to keep in the car, which is very good. But I don't know about a rucksack? I like the idea of the lightness of the karrimor. What do you guys recommend?

Rickyd

Tenderfoot
Sep 15, 2016
Warwickshire
Just be for general over night camping use, although it is worth mentioning that sometimes when on a walk I'll take it and fill it full with birch logs for the fire.

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
I have the Sabre45, and while it's a bit too heavy to my liking, it's a great pack. Durable and good quality stitching. I suspect the same should hold true for the Sabre Delta 25.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I've got and extensively used both a karrimor delta 35 and a 5.11 rush 24. The Rush 24 is, to be honest, supremely better in most aspects, but is nonetheless heavier and a touch more fussy. It would definitely get my vote though, but that's not to say the Karrimor isn't excellent, its just a little outclassed by the 5.11 being an immense daysack.

The 5.11 has a lot more compartments, and has more of a defined form/structure on your back. The main compartment also unzips deeper so it is easier to delve into the bottom of it. If you do go for the karrimor, the delta 35 is much closer in capacity to the rush 24 rather than the Delta 25.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Agreed, I have used the 5.11 for a year or so now
the only thing against the 5.11 is the lack of waterproofing
because it has the clam opening style and standard (rather than waterproof) zips open to the elements it is not waterproof.
I took it out on a very wet day with a rain ruck sack cover on which worked fine except for the glasses pocket on the top was exposed and water leaked in and soaked the contents. the additional problem is that pocket backs onto the main compartment with no internal waterproofing so, although it didn't happen to me, it would be possible to get the contents in the main pack wet even when using a cover. it may be I needed a slightly bigger cover?
Don't get me wrong though, the 5.11 is great and I have not found a better day pack yet. just be aware of the limitations as well...

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
I have a 5.11 rush 12 and it is absolutely bomb proof, and the 24 is just a slightly bigger version of the 12.

I can't fault it at all, it's a great bit of kit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE