4x4's and the low emission zone...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
Since this is degenerating into a slanging match, perhaps we might consider locking this thread?

When all is said and done, the rules on driving inside London are probably not all that relevant to a froum on Bushcraft - perhaps a Landrover forum or "Green" forum is the right place to discuss such things as they always seem to degenerate?

Red

arrgh red i wanted to slag someone :D :D :D :D :D but dare'nt

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
and how do you get your recyclables to the recycling centre,and how do you get your firewood home?and cycling does nt actually get you that fit.best to do a couple of runs a week and some sprint training with some light weights.tryed cycling for fitness its poo,used to do 40 mile a day and still didnt lose weight not that i was fat i was cutting weight.but taring me with the same brush .bone idle. as some1 whos drives a 4x4 less than 1 mile to work is pretty cheeky.big legs small brain perhaps?

pop a chill pill. i am a student. i cycle to get to college and back, and to do my shopping, and to see people, and to generally get about. thought you said your work was seven miles away, so where are you getting "4 o clock from? i don't give a rats bottom about "training" the idea of working out bores me. i would rather just stay active, and eat healthily (well, reasonably healthily. lol) whats the matter, you can call someone you don't know idle, but i cant? all things are relative, so i guess you now know how "the bloke who drives a 4x4 a mile to work" felt when you called him bone idle.

and as for the general attitude around here of "my carbon footprint is "relatively" low, so i can do what i like, we are not born with a set limit. you don't have a quota you gotta fill. if everyone just did what they could, within reason, instead of trying out imaginative ways of justifying their own pollution, while slagging off other peoples level of lazyness, there wouldn't be a problem.
h20, as re; "tarring you with the same brush", practice what you preach. or just take it as the light hearted statement it obviously was. one minute you are the "small car" evangelist, judging those more polluting than you harshly. fair enough. but its a bitch when someone "out-eco-friendlys" you isn't it? lol

as re; recycling, i have a big cupboard sitting behind me stuffed with cleaned, crushed recyclables. they get stored up over a few months, then i get someone to do a run to get shot of them.
as re; firewood. i live in a city apartment block. i don't have that luxury. the pub underneath me provides my heating.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
i cant be assed gettin up at 4 am im not bone idle you dont even know me son.do u fit your cycling around work or are you jobless and not paying taxes into the system.or are you cycling 15 miles to work each day

When I was 14 years old I used to do a lot of time trails, My best time for 10 miles was a rather unremarkable 28minutes 58 seconds.

There were fully grown blokes there who could do 21s and the really fast blokes are into the 19s if I remember right.
We also used to do a five mile hillclimb event up Hartside near Alston every year, just to give you some idea what a slow time up there was I got up it in 24:04.
Bearing in mind the fact that i was just a fourteen year old spod and by no means fast compared to others there.

You wouldnt need to get up at daft O clock to cycle to work:)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I take no pay Martyn - just try to make a positive contribution

I'm not pitching anywhere (or your mate)

Red

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
its really crazy round here. its weird, cos "bushcraft", and the love of the outdoors really seems to attract two very different extremes of people. i can think of a thousand derogatory terms for both types, but funnily enough i cant think of any acceptable terms for the types! (random thought; do we define each other in such negative terms always?) anyway, its funny watching the two types of people trying to get along, and sometimes failing. normally its me getting worked up over stuff.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Indeed - its always good to see two points of view - given with equal contempt for the opposing view point. :rolleyes:

Especially when the viewpoint shifts dependant on the car currently driven by the person expressing the view - consider my contribution the illustration of that fact :D

Red

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Indeed - its always good to see two points of view - given with equal contempt for the opposing view point. :rolleyes:

Especially when the viewpoint shifts dependant on the car currently driven by the person expressing the view - consider my contribution the illustration of that fact :D

Red
There was no contempt of anything in my opiginal post, ergo you were not illustrating anything, other than the frailties you seem to disparage in others. Check your timeline.

I consider your contribution to be button pushing Red, and your latter suggestion of closing the thread because too many buttons were being pressed ...and your further "positive" contributions, as an excellent example of the hypocrisy you claim to illustrate.

However, my point was, your use of the royal we, assumes an authority that you dont have. Of that, there is no doubt. :)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Martyn,

I've consulted my dictionary and can't find the word "orpiginal". I assume its part of the spelling lessons you have offered to give other posters in your posts that are not "contemptuous"?

How's the glass house?

Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE