4 pounder axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Snappingturtle's design is really elegant. I hope he clear-coats the handle to show off the wood.
Looks much like some birch that I've got in the shop for adze handles.

Reactions: Mr Wolf

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Oil is excellent. Just something which doesn't change the grain as a stain would = does not need it.
What's the head weight? If it's in the 4-pounder range, I'll watch your wrists grow in strength as you use it.
Have you selected a bevel angle yet for cutting/splitting and hardwood/softwoods?

A very, very few Americans might express axe anal envy because Canadians, for the most part, live in Taiga, the Boreal Forest Biome.
The rest of that is a myth perpetuated by Disney and others.
We have quite a history of forest related resource extraction, unmatched by any other country on earth, axes included.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I find that lacquered handles ( saws, axe, knives) give me blisters. And get slippery when my mitt sweats.

Is French polish not a kind of quick setting/drying highly filled oil?

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
Oil is excellent. Just something which doesn't change the grain as a stain would = does not need it.
What's the head weight? If it's in the 4-pounder range, I'll watch your wrists grow in strength as you use it.
Have you selected a bevel angle yet for cutting/splitting and hardwood/softwoods?

A very, very few Americans might express axe anal envy because Canadians, for the most part, live in Taiga, the Boreal Forest Biome.
The rest of that is a myth perpetuated by Disney and others.
We have quite a history of forest related resource extraction, unmatched by any other country on earth, axes included.
As you can see I've gone with the polish, did try the clear I have, its water based an too thin, just did not have the build up I wanted, as for the edge well its going to have to do it all being my hearth axe, so I dressed up the factory edge and see how it holds, thinking a high 30 deg's would be ok? when I refine it.

Reactions: Robson Valley

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE