30kg's of horn, ideas?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
Discs are good for spacers in between the top and the pole on crooks and walking sticks, I made a whistle from the point offcut.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
ta daaaaaaa!
3e386c34-6630-1bee.jpg

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Got something you could put in another picture of them for scale?

Looks like you're going to have quite a few customers from some of that lot... don't suppose any of it is Rhino horn is it? Supposed to be an aphrosidisiac :lmao:

I had a piece of Deer antler the other night I was trying to make a handle out of, turned out to be a total waste of time, the core or "marrow" part of it was just too crumbly and would have meant filling it with araldite just to make up the volume of the space once I'd drilled it out. I don't suppose some of those points in the middle of the image are solid all the way through are they? If so, maybe we could strike up a trade/deal

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Right folks, I have to pay off some favours - sort out the bits I want to keep then I'll be putting the rest up for small trades. In the meantime you can also pester Resnikov as half of it is his!

Cheers

Mike

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Apparently I am a recipient of one of Mountainm's favours... wait, that sounds wrong... :p

Ok, just to express my thanks to Mountainm for sending me a bit of horn gratis. Apparently I did him a favour once, though I don't remember.

Much appreciated anyway. Big props for your generosity

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Apparently I am a recipient of one of Mountainm's favours... wait, that sounds wrong... :p

Ok, just to express my thanks to Mountainm for sending me a bit of horn gratis. Apparently I did him a favour once, though I don't remember.

Much appreciated anyway. Big props for your generosity

Dude :D You supplied me with a chunk of Hornbeam without asking for 'owt in return. Anyhow, the only stipulation is mandatory sharing of photos of whatever it is you make with it. I just polished up a bit tonight and it looks gorgeous. Now thinking about chessboards and all sorts of other wild ideas that in reality I have no time to make....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE