3 peaks cycle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ledders666

Jun 6, 2010
bath
Im planning to do the three peaks but cycle between them, im allowing five days travel for this.
Im stuck on the food, what sort of food would people take? I need high energy high protein food to keep me going on the bike but also have to bear in mind weight. Could anyone adivise me on single items to take or a five day list?

Many thanks

Jethro924

Oct 13, 2013
United Kingdom
Have a good breakfast each morning, pass through populated areas so you can stop in cafes for beans on toast, tea and cake etc as often as you can. It is unlikely you will be able to carry all the food you need for the trip but if is worth carrying some sort of bonk rations just in case you thought an area would have a shop and it doesn't.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
If its the national 3 peaks you'll have 462 miles minimum on the bike plus walking/running up the hills - you'll need to eat a lot! Read up on multi day ultra marathon
or cycle race nutrition. Lots of carbs, protein and fat - proper food not gels or powershots.

If its the Yorkshire 3 peaks a mars bar and bottle of water should do it - its less than marathon diatance.

Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

ledders666

Jun 6, 2010
bath
It is the national three peaks im going to be doing so yes I will need a lot. Hadn't though of looking up what multiday marathon runners etc would eat, good idea.

My plan was to take breakfast and dinner and snacks and stop in pubs for a big ol lunch, so that will mean I have to carry less.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Might be best to carb load in the evenings rather than a big lunch, it could just cause gi issues in the afternoon.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE