3 knives, 1 new design.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Hi Folks.

I've been busy this week making these 3. The top one is a new design, well to be more precise its the same design as the second one, but with a bit more length to both the blade and the handle. I've only made one prior to this one, It was designed at the request of a customer who wanted the styling of the other knife but larger.

These 3 will be available for sale on my website when i launch it next week. I have had to come up with names for each model, couldn't think of much so i kept it simple at to the point.

I've tried single bolsters on 2 of these, its the first time i've made a knife with a single bolster, and i like how they have turned out.

Anyway, enough of my wittering on, heres some specs and pics :)

All are in 3mm 01 tool steel.

Specs are in order of the pictures.

SPB-1+ ( Spear Point Bushcraft model 1+, simple innit :D)
Blade length - 4"
Handle length - 5"
Total length - 9"
Handle - African Blackwood over white liners, 316 stainless bolsters pins and lanyard tube

SPB-1 ( Spear Point Bushcraft -1)
Blade length - 3.25"
Handle length - 4.75"
Total length - 8"
Handle - Briar Burl over black liners, brass bolsters pins and tube.

PNK-1 (Pocket/Neck Knife)
Blade length - 2"
Handle length - 3.5"
Total length - 5.5"
Handle - Claro walnut over white liners, brass pins and tube.

The bolsters are polished, So they are hard to photograph, couple of smears on them from the cloth i think too.

P1010643.jpg

P1010644.jpg

P1010646.jpg

P1010647.jpg

P1010649.jpg

P1010653.jpg

P1010654.jpg

P1010655.jpg

P1010656.jpg

P1010657.jpg

P1010658.jpg

P1010664.jpg

P1010665.jpg

P1010663.jpg

P1010670.jpg

P1010671.jpg

P1010669.jpg

P1010674.jpg

P1010673.jpg

P1010668.jpg

P1010667.jpg

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
yo....i'd go along with that....the necker....yum. will be getting one from you i daresay....(shhhh dont tell missus)

gotta admit i'm not a huge bolster fan....or thought so till now....2 of them seems to my taste a little too 'bling'.....but just one....yeah m8 i can live with that....one's just right....not over-kill.....and of course theres no denying theyre all gorgeous and beautifully made....

crackin'!

a

ps.....i see youve left your thumb out of the picture.....pok pok

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Haha, those are mans hands matey, none of this girly blisters, ow my fingers hurt here lol. :)

Thanks though mate, lots seem to like the small one, i'm quite taken by the blackwood/stainless one. The grain on the blackwood is lovely, but its hard to see properly on the pic.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

I'm beginning to wonder if this is indicative of a good knife maker. No calluses.

Those baby soft hands allow the creation to flow out of them rather than be forced out and fought all the way into submission.

Or maybe Hillbill does a lot of washing up. :lmao:

Loving that neck knife as well, Mark. Been back to look at it about 5 times so far. Lovely.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I'm liking them all HillBill, mind you I have a penchant for small knives so little necker does it for me.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
lol.....m8 those baby-soft hands could be used in a fairy washing up liquid advert haha!!!!

i think this is all a big con....i reckon its marks missus who's the knifemaker.....those hands have never touched sandpaper!!!! haha! and wheres me violin smiley?!

seriously tho....not only are they lovely but i've learned something too....i liked the briar so much i just *bay'ed it....its used for pipes....and theres only one person showing up from the u.s who has any....last time i bought from u.s i was hit with a monster customs fee so for now i'm gonna have to be briar-less (unless mark wants to sell me a bit....fluttering eye-lashes lol)

well.....it seems you oughtta be putting that necker out of its 2.5 year retirement and into full production....judging by the feedback youve got here today...

groovy.

s

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
come on biker, back me up here m8....i'm gonna get nasty and say.....ahem.....erm....dare i.....erm.....jeeez i'm gonna make enemies.....erm.....oh god.....i'm trying to bite my lip.....aaaargh.....ugh.....grunt.....help me.....the voices in my head tell me to say.....oh no.....POWERTOOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

please forgive me....i'm not responsible for my actions....

tell you what....i'll send you some 40 grit in exchange for some briar.....

I'm beginning to wonder if this is indicative of a good knife maker. No calluses.

Those baby soft hands allow the creation to flow out of them rather than be forced out and fought all the way into submission.

Or maybe Hillbill does a lot of washing up. :lmao:

Loving that neck knife as well, Mark. Been back to look at it about 5 times so far. Lovely.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Beautiful :D really they are :D

Your bushcrafter sized ones get a well deserved excellent rep, but that little one is just superb :D

Good luck with the new website :cool:........mind the links.

cheers,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE