3 knives, 1 new design.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I wrap the sandpaper around one of these
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-675085-Medium-Sanding-Block/dp/B000LFU1PI

Nice and soft and makes the handle all smooth and curvy ;) No blisters. No whinging about blisters :p

I do shape most of the handle on the belt grinder and a foam drum sander. Its what they are there for, takes practice, messed a few up in the past, but not for a couple of years. Just hand sand ( wrapped round the pad) to finish it. ;) Now i don't wanna hear of any more blisters lol

Briar is hard to get hold of in good sizes, I was lucky to get that one.
i think this is all a big con....i reckon its marks missus who's the knifemaker.....those hands have never touched sandpaper!!!! haha! and wheres me violin smiley?!

s

Last edited:

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
lol...i know m8....me only kidding you know that....

if i could afford linisher etc i'd buy in a second!!!....and of course i understand that as a pro time is the most valuable component....if you were to take as long as me to make a knife you'd go bankrupt before you started....and i dont think anyone would be daft enough to question your prices....

(still want that flippin smiley tho!)

respect.

a

ps.....yup the briar on the bays got a 10 quid postage too.....nasty.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Lovely work as always on so many levels Mark. That briar one looks ace, if only it had a tamper incorporated into the bottom! It would match my pipe a treat. Great stuff, thanks for sharing. I also like the stainless on the blackwood, nice contrast.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Thanks. :) Could you explain what you mean about a tamper? I dont smoke pipes so not sure what you mean.

Lovely work as always on so many levels Mark. That briar one looks ace, if only it had a tamper incorporated into the bottom! It would match my pipe a treat. Great stuff, thanks for sharing. I also like the stainless on the blackwood, nice contrast.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hear ? that's a good thought.
A tamper that could also be sturdy enough to be used to gently bash along the stems of nettles or willow (helps free the bark at the end of really thick stuff) or even to crack nuts, or crush charcoal finely enough to add to resin for glue, and a hundred other uses; that'd be a handly thing on a knife :)
I liked the end on the Bearclaw knife for that, but it'd be too big on a necker. Sommat neat and trim.

Watch this space; Hoodoo'll be giving me into trouble for suggesting using a knife for anything but cutting, carving and slicing :eek:

cheers,
M

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Ah hell you two. Now you've got me thinking again.

How wide are pipe bowls?

Wouldn't a butt plate like the bushtools do the job if it was small enough? Like on one of the small knives?

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
yo....here yar mark.....

http://www.thebackyshop.co.uk/products/rodgers-sheffield-steel-pipe-knife-tamper-spike#

my grandad used to have one of these.....

damn y'all.....bought back memories then that hit me so hard my stomach flipped.....wow.....i remember sitting in my grandparents front room and watching my pops out of the corner of my eye do his nightly routine with his pipe....he used to smoke erinmore.....i was like 7,8,9,10 years old.....he'd get it going and in the lowly lit room layers of beautiful smelling smoke would slowly develop.....aaaaaaargh, hurts remembering it!!!!

a

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE