3-day winter outing. Hot tent group outing. hot tent tents.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MegaWoodsWalker

Forager
Jul 10, 2014
Connecticut USA
Posted previously but I think you will appreciate!

View attachment 39956

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really really liked that! Here is that previous bear encounter spot as of yesterday. No bear and winter is receding about a month earily. Not going to complain as don't want to jinx it. Photos from the other day. No bear on my bed! Or rather it's bed....

We have signs like that as well but you guys are wilder, our drunks and teenage distracted drivers notwithstanding. :(

But this is what really worries me.

More relating to the below tipi outing this bear was shot and eaten about 5 miles from the camping area.

But here is something to consider. When an activity involves the outdoors many of the most prevalent and likely challenges are universal. I never camped in England but know cold rain absolutely sucks the life out of a person. Heat and humidity universally hurt as well. Bugs tend to be unpleasant the world over. A mechanical injury from wet leaves or roots can break bones anywhere. I think for all bushcrafters our challenges and opportunities are more alike than different IMHO.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE