3 day hiking trip advice needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
I need your help guys !So I am planning a 3 day trekking trip in the mountains , im leaving tomorrow , I never did so much planning about food when I was goingg bushcrafting even for a few days I just threw in all I wanted , now there is 45km overall to walk , which is no that much considering I have done 35km in one day with 11kg backpack and im in better shape now and have propper insoles for my flat foot, first day it will be 12km overall with 1500meter elevation , second day 16km with 200 meter elevation so that will be easier , and third day 15km going downhill 1500 meter elevation, I don't know exatly but as I wrote down my stuff and weight i ended up with 17kg backpack , but will know for sure when i pack it all , in this 17kg 3kg are 3 days food and 2.5liter water, so here is what I already have and please tell me if I need to add more.
I have a bit over 1kg trail mix with 3600cal in sum, granolo for breakfast 370gr 1650cal, oat bars 4 in sum 600cal, pasta 700gr 2500cal , rice 250gr 870cal, in sum it is about 9100cal on 3 day plus the first day I will be eating at the guest hous in the morning so thats plus calories and on third day I will only need to eat breakfast and dinner , at 6pm I should be done and back on a 3 hours ride home on a mini bus , are my calories enough? do you maybe suggest to add something ? But I have disbactriosis for whole summer and been curing it so I can't eat fried stuff and chocolate and sweet stuff other then honey and stuff like that I was also thinking to add beef jerky but it costs damn too much for very few but if you guys tell me I need to add something I will add that! Also heres how i think I will eat , first day dinner: 1 oat bar and trail mix , supper pasta and maybe Ill add some smoked chease for flavor but ill see tomorow how much stomach will be and then decide to buy cheese or no, second day breakfast granola with added some extra trail mix, dinner 2 oat bars with trail mix, supper pasta or rice , third day breakfast granola , dinner everything that i left :D
But I am also thinking about rice i know it have nice crabohydrates and calories but it is pain in the butt to cook , plus I will be cooking on a gas stove so I cant boil it for half hour, any advices guys and recipes will help ! You now know my least and please help me to finish it
Thanks !

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
You might get a bit of inspiration from Paul Kirtley's video, if you already haven't seen it. "How to pack a week's worth of food in to a bergen plce side pocket" :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLAh77etv14

He goes through the calorie content of each meal, it's readly available to buy in supermarket's, you should be able to buy similar food in your country :D

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
You might get a bit of inspiration from Paul Kirtley's video, if you already haven't seen it. "How to pack a week's worth of food in to a bergen plce side pocket" :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLAh77etv14

He goes through the calorie content of each meal, it's readly available to buy in supermarket's, you should be able to buy similar food in your country :D
Good job! I like that .
Thanks for sharing bud👍

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
I have watched that video at least 4 times in past and have listened to every detail but keep forgetting about it :D
Thanks for reminding ! I'll add beef jerky for my dinners ! I'll remove rice add more pasta and probably cheese

dannyk64

Apr 1, 2015
Nottingham
I just spent a month in the highlands wild camping and quickly found chorizo and manchego cheese good additions to the other supplies. Great for a tasty treat and can be eaten with/without cooking plus they're really high in calories.

Sent from my BV6000S using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE