3 d archery range near Whiltshire?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 16, 2015
Spain
Are there any 3 d archery ranges near whiltshire ( 50 mile range or so)
I am moving to the Uk, so if anybody can point me in the right direction I would be gratefull. I shoot longbow and compounds.... Also is there anything I should be aware of regarding uk laws and bows? Import of bow, posession in uk.... Thanks!!!!

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
i've been out of the archery loop for a while, but there are quite a few field archery clubs (many of which have 3ds) in Wiltshie/Dorset/Somerset. The first that comes to mind is Ballands Bowmen near Wincanton

Look up the NFAS and EFAA, they will have lists of clubs in the area ;)

As for achery related laws, pretty common sense. No bows are prohibited, though some clubs don't allow cross bows at their ranges. There are upper limits of arrow speed for competition ( i think last time I shot it was 350m/s or something), but normally only the top end tuned compounds get there anyway. Boradheads are generally frowned on and not sold here as bowhunting is illegal.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE