3.7mm para cord V 3.6mm

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Nobody uses 3.7mm since Ray had some 3.6mm in his possibles pouch during a 30 second interview on Loose Women last week. Noob!

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
whats the difference in diameter of these cords ? is there an advantage with a smaller diameter for threading through eyes etc or is there an advantage with the larger diameter for grippyness in said eyes ?

if there is one less inner core, is there a significant cost saving ? which would be useful if you are on a budget.

is the 3.6 stuff available over here or do you have to add the cost of shipping ?

anyone got a link ?

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Ok, I realise I could save some weight downsizing to the 3.6mm stuff. But what are the disadvantages?

M

Obviously, the 3.6 is considerably (0.1mm) thinner, and I think you lose about 0.0005KN in breaking strain. Depends whether you hammock fabric is 1mm or 1.5mm thick as to whether this is important.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE