3, 4 or more days for the meet up?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

how many days for the main bcuk meet up?

• 3 days

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 days

• 5 days

• 6 days

• more

• Total voters

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
To get an idea of what you would like for the length of a meet up here's a quick poll. Please be honest about what you would actually commit to doing, not what you would love to do but can't in real life!!

Comments are welcome as to the best times of year and how long, maybe even where about in the country would be good! I would even be interested in if you would like long meet ups, where you can come and go as you please...even if they were just cheap relaxing holidays with nothing shared on some days, just fantastic company!

leon-1

It may be worth finding out what people want to learn and how many people will be there for it (I have already seen the other thread). The amount of people and subjects included would have a proportional effect on the time required for the meet up, along with the time that the relevant instructors can give.

Once those factors are known it would be easier to asses how much time would be required.

I know I would prefer 4 days doing bushcraft and learning new skills along with meeting some of the guys on the site :eek:):

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I like the idea of 4 days, say arrive on a Friday, then not have to leave till Monday.
Something like that.

More days gives the people doint demos more time to do their own thing :wink:

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I voted for over 6 as I could make it depending on the time of year.
If, as you mentioned in the other thread, we are looking at 2-4 meetups a year maybe we could do 3 weekends (or long weekends) and a week long summer camp. People wouldn't have to come for the whole week, just come along for the days they can make it.

Ed

jakunen

Native
I have to agree with Leon.

While the MM meet was great, and I had a fantastic time, it was rather frustrating, both for myself and for people who missed my two walks, as we were trying to cram so much in to just 2 days.

I'm not having a go at either Chris or Stuart as they really know there stuff and are obviously passionate about their subjects, but being scheduled right after those guys, who both overran, meant that we had to wait around for people and then make a point of going no matter who wanted to go but wasn't ready when I took those who were ready, before they lost interest.

If we had longer events, we could spread things about more and so people would have more opportunity to do the sessions they want without having to either leave sessions early, or miss sessions.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I voted for 5 nights. This allows for travel to and from the site not interupting the events. i would like a full 5 days of activites. this would give people enough time to properly explore the activities, they are most interested in. It might also give the instructors a chance to do some as well.

crofter

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 3, 2004
UK
Realistically I could only commit to two nights and three days as i would be coming with my son. I must admit it is a bit daunting not having made it to the first meetup - but the idea of 3 or 4 meets makes it less so.
Perhaps the organisers and those running demonstrations should decide as they are the ones putting themselves out.
A 5 day event with some demos being repeated would be great for me as I could pick and choose but much more hassle for those more actively involved.
What about 2 or three weekend events and one longer one in the summer?

Aid

JDWilts

Aug 6, 2004
South West
I would definately like to see more events like the gathering. Three or four a year in different parts of the country would be great.

M

mayhem

Hi all

I think it should be set over 9 days that would cover 2 weekends freeing up people who work every other weekend or who work during the week. This would let people come and go if necessary and the diehards could obviously stay everyday keeping up the infrastructure, you know there will always be things to do.
Cheers
Mayhem (Mark)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
The next meet up is 4 days and I think that's a good length of time for them. Which is also reflected in the poll. Who know what the future holds though :?:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE