2021 Summer BushMoot - 26 July - 7 August 2021

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hey Frank, I'm getting some logs dropped off on site and also some dried and split stuff. So we will be cutting wood for fires, I can't guarantee the quality of the wood, we've had some struggles, especially at the Winter Moot where we couldn't get wood to burn :D I'm hoping that it will be ok but anyone that wants an easier life I'd encourage to go for dried and split wood.

MikeeMiracle

Aug 2, 2019
Northampton
A few questions:

What are the numbers looking like, is it too late for me to get tickets for a few days, was thinking the 29th to the 31st?

Do we have enough spots free for tree dwellers still?

Is a Firebox considered a "ground fire" and not allowed?

Thanks

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
You're good on tickets at the moment.

Yes, there should be space for tree dwellers, there's the woodland where the archery used to be and spaces through the main campsite areas.

I'd say a firebox was fine, most of it comes down to cleaning up well after ourselves so there's no trace, if we can make sure everyone does that the estate will likely be fine with us ongoing.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Hey Frank, I'm getting some logs dropped off on site and also some dried and split stuff. So we will be cutting wood for fires, I can't guarantee the quality of the wood, we've had some struggles, especially at the Winter Moot where we couldn't get wood to burn :D I'm hoping that it will be ok but anyone that wants an easier life I'd encourage to go for dried and split wood.

I need a little exercise, I’ll bring my Maul.

Did I miss something about ground fires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I asked that where possible we have them off the ground as we're getting special permission to have fires on site and so if it's doable it would be appreciated. The most important thing is to leave no trace of them.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I asked that where possible we have them off the ground as we're getting special permission to have fires on site and so if it's doable it would be appreciated. The most important thing is to leave no trace of them.

Absolutely. No problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: nigelp

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Ah, I forgot to ask.

My Dad is dithering over comming for a few days...probably decide last minute.

is this ok?

he has had both his jabs

funky_rick

Tenderfoot
Jul 1, 2009
monmouth
Hi I am new to the Bushmoot and was hoping to come along this year, Is there an option just to come along for the day with my kids. not able to stay for the night as I am on call at work. very aware of the restrictions in Wales but I am assuming there will be plenty going on.

Reactions: tim_n

FanaticFox

Aug 3, 2016
High Peak
Booked in and, once again, I am very much looking forward to leaving the "real world" for a couple of weeks....... other than COVID considerations of course!

Regarding firewood. If I want to get some of the split/dried wood do I need to pre-order (and if so, how?) or can I purchase it when I arrive?

I'll be lateral-flow testing daily whilst there and several days before arrival just to be sure.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Sadly I won't be comming after all. After a long overdue medical, I've been advised that I would be taking a real risk.
I'm gutted, as I was packed and ready, and have new gear, bought over lockdown to try out, but I have to listen to medical advice.
Have a wonderful moot, and stay safe. I'm deeply envious, but hopefully next year I'll be there with my new kit and ready to party once again.

• Sad
Reactions: HeatherS

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ah, I forgot to ask.

My Dad is dithering over comming for a few days...probably decide last minute.

is this ok?

he has had both his jabs

The sooner I know a definite the better, I will be removing ticket sales in the next couple of days as we're very close to the limit on numbers.

Hi I am new to the Bushmoot and was hoping to come along this year, Is there an option just to come along for the day with my kids. not able to stay for the night as I am on call at work. very aware of the restrictions in Wales but I am assuming there will be plenty going on.
To be honest this year is a low key event due to the virus/lockdown etc so it's not going to be a busy as usual, although we will be having some workshops/activities I don't perceive it to be the bustling hive of activity it usually is.

I'm afraid that for this year particularly the ticket price is the same if you stay a night or not so you can purchase any tickets you want through BushMoot.com If you do decide to come i'd suggest 31st July, 2nd Aug as the most likely to have the most workshops going on :encourage:

Booked in and, once again, I am very much looking forward to leaving the "real world" for a couple of weeks....... other than COVID considerations of course!

Regarding firewood. If I want to get some of the split/dried wood do I need to pre-order (and if so, how?) or can I purchase it when I arrive?

I'll be lateral-flow testing daily whilst there and several days before arrival just to be sure.
Paddy's after splitting a load so I've ordered one in, we can sort it out when we're on site, talk to me when we're there, £30/ quarter load, we'll have some barrows on site so it can be moved about ok :encourage:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
You say no wood but I have an experimental archaeology project on what will involve peat.

Is that ok to bring?

(I will tell Dad when he comes in)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
to be honest I have no idea, I don't know what the legal implications are, if the local area lows allow it etc... If it's a small amount for experimenting then i expect it will be fine, but probably not to do the whole moot burning it.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I told Dad that He needed to tell me when he is coming.

it was all Grump! I am busy!

Im going to have to make some guesses...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE