2021 Summer BushMoot - 26 July - 7 August 2021

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
when combined with me and my blow torch I'd say yes.
I'm assuming this is "Tim get that chilli Naga kraken that blew off everyone's heads and caused minor poisoning out again"

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Condex

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Hoping to come again, but it will be a very last minute decision as usual.
Do you have a limit this year? Can I still pay at the gate?
Been having some extra health issues so don't know how I'll be untill nearer the time.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I'm going to have to live vicariously again this year, still not able to travel far and still unstable, I'm looking forward to all of the photos and stories :240:

MikeeMiracle

Aug 2, 2019
Northampton
Can I ask what facilities are available at the Moot please. I.e. Water tap / toilets etc, still trying to determine if it's feasable to bring a toddler and a 1 year old. Thanks.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I think tony took a 14d old baby. Yes toilets, cold water taps, hot showers and taps etc. Rubbish pick up as well. Lots of sand to eat.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MikeeMiracle

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
If they enjoy the outdoors and have somewhere warm and dry to sleep they will be fine.

(Might get a bit dirty though)

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I've taken littleuns camping from a few months old. One thing I found helpful was some sort of travel cot so that smallies can be put to bed, and stay put., and not wander out of bed in the middle of the night.
A large washing up bowl for washing them. Stand or sit them in the bowl and use jugs of warm water to shower them. My ones loved it! Then you can dry dress and bundle into bed without trapesing from shower block to your tent.

Woody110

Mod
Mod
Mar 8, 2009
Leeds, Yorkshire
Can I ask what facilities are available at the Moot please. I.e. Water tap / toilets etc, still trying to determine if it's feasable to bring a toddler and a 1 year old. Thanks.
I’ve been going for a good few years now, our youngest was 8 months on her first moot. There should be no issues for you with a little one, over the years there have been many babies come along. The site has quite a lot of sandy areas which is perfect for sandpit play.

Drinking water taps are located all over the site, safe for anyone who can drink tap water.

There are both male and female toilets, along with hot showers. There is a pot washing area (2 sinks), but it does get busy at times.

Sand does get all over, but nothing a little sweep won’t fix.

Hodge

Forager
Aug 3, 2018
West Midlands
I’ve been going for a good few years now, our youngest was 8 months on her first moot. There should be no issues for you with a little one, over the years there have been many babies come along. The site has quite a lot of sandy areas which is perfect for sandpit play.

Drinking water taps are located all over the site, safe for anyone who can drink tap water.

There are both male and female toilets, along with hot showers. There is a pot washing area (2 sinks), but it does get busy at times.

Sand does get all over, but nothing a little sweep won’t fix.
Remember to bring a washing up bowl of some description.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
We are coming. Pinged Shelly on the Shop email the other day. Just finalising my kids logistics.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
How many "sleeps" is it Tony :)
No idea John :D
We are coming. Pinged Shelly on the Shop email the other day. Just finalising my kids logistics.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Frank, good to hear you're coming, I'll reply to your email shortly. :bigok:
Will there be a "Bring & Buy" and/or a "Traders' Day" this year?
No idea on the bring and buy John, if it's doable within guidelines and common sense then yeah, but I'd not bank on it unless we hear more positive news before the event. There's no traders day scheduled just like we've got no set workshops days scheduled (although it's likely to follow the same pattern as usual if it's all normal(ish)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE