2 Spoons for "Skedfest"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Viktor

Tenderfoot
Dec 27, 2011
Sweden
Thought I could share some pictures on my lates spoons and maybe get some critique or just hear your thoughts on them.

These are made of birch and are my contribution to the spoon carving competitions "Skedfest" at Nynäs manor (sweden).

Please Enjoy,
Thanks for viewing.

Viktor

Tenderfoot
Dec 27, 2011
Sweden
How did you get these so dark? My birch utensils aren't nearly as dark as yours.

I take cold pressed linseed oil, that's sold as food oil here in Sweden, and put the spoon in oiled bath for 1 day that's usually darken the wood quite a bit.

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
I take cold pressed linseed oil, that's sold as food oil here in Sweden, and put the spoon in oiled bath for 1 day that's usually darken the wood quite a bit.
This is what confuses me. I do that too. Sometimes I use walnut oil which is darker and yet my utensils are no where near as dark as yours.

Good work though.

Last edited:

Viktor

Tenderfoot
Dec 27, 2011
Sweden
Thank you everyone for your comments.

This is what confuses me. I do that too. Sometimes I use walnut oil which is darker and yet my utensils are no where near as dark as yours.

Good work though.

Well it's some difference between one log and the other the one before this was not nearly as dark as this one. Not really sure what the different is but you can never tell how dark it going to get until the oil goes on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE