2 new kit items

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 11, 2006
brecon
just took delivery of 2 new kit items this week as after joining this site i am determinde to get back out there this year,
first item is a basic camp knife fixed blade 8.5 inch over all with a 4 inch blade made by frosts (sweden) in w8 for it ......DAYGLOW ORANGE

nife itself is great not so long that it bends your wrist back when you use it (had mine broken last year so it important to me at least) case is orange also and all plastic with a clip not a loop wich isnt the best,as its not as secure and its wider than the knife handle so makes drawing it tricky somtimes but hey it holds a great edge and for £9.98 you cant argue.

second was a sharpening system,ceramic rod type called crock stick
bit bulky to be honest and theres one small problem, its supplied with white and grey rods fine ,medium grades problem is when you use the white rods they turn grey from the metal they remove in a year or 2 ill have trouble telling them appart
but on a possative note it takes less than 5 mins to figure out what to do and less than a min to use and yep im a cheap skate so at £15.00 it is also great value for money
both items are available from ...... http://www.attacc.com/
attlebrough accessories on the above link
next week i get my gerber axe...watch this space :)

leon-1

lyndon said:
second was a sharpening system,ceramic rod type called crock stick
bit bulky to be honest and theres one small problem, its supplied with white and grey rods fine ,medium grades problem is when you use the white rods they turn grey from the metal they remove in a year or 2 ill have trouble telling them appart
but on a possative note it takes less than 5 mins to figure out what to do and less than a min to use and yep im a cheap skate so at £15.00 it is also great value for money
both items are available from ...... http://www.attacc.com/
attlebrough accessories on the above link
next week i get my gerber axe...watch this space :)

lyndon, most ceramic sharpeners you can clean the metal particles off by washing them in a mild soapy water with a fine abrasive pad like scothbrite. I hope this helps,

Leon.

running bare

Banned
Sep 28, 2005
jarrow,tyne & wear uk
someone on here or bb , took the plastic handle off a frost clipper or mora cant remember exactly and put his own on & v.good it looked too. so theres a couple of projects for you a sheath and a handle im sure you'll have fun doing them or if u dont fancy the handle you could try your hand at a long leather sheath that comes to about an inch short of the overall knife , i believe the lapp pukko knives come with this style of sheath :)

Jan 11, 2006
brecon
ive tried the soapy solution maybe im not trying hard enuff but the dishwasher sounds good thanks for the advise by the way

clem im getting the short handled camp axe ,the one with the knife inside the handle, have to w8 for gerber to send more to attlebrough first so not to soon im guessing
also just ordered a new hammock from ddhamocks (and i got the bushcraft uk discount :) ) its amazing what joining a site full of like minded people can do to you :D

Nemisis

Settler
Nov 20, 2005
Staffordshire
There is a far easier option for cleaning ceramic stones and rods the rust eraser from attebrough acc I got mine in one of there sales but I think they are only about £3.50 anyway cleans my spiderco bench stones a treat
Dave.

Jan 11, 2006
brecon
nemesis i have a aluminium oxide wet stone would the eraser clean that also ? i did see them on the site but wasnt convinced of ther efectivness cheers

Nemisis

Settler
Nov 20, 2005
Staffordshire
Don't know for certain not used it on one but they are very useful for other things like removing surface rust its a very hard rubber that seems to be impregnated with very fine abrasive particles leaves steel with a satin finish
Dave.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
running bare said:
someone on here or bb , took the plastic handle off a frost clipper or mora cant remember exactly and put his own on & v.good it looked too. so theres a couple of projects for you a sheath and a handle im sure you'll have fun doing them or if u dont fancy the handle you could try your hand at a long leather sheath that comes to about an inch short of the overall knife , i believe the lapp pukko knives come with this style of sheath :)

http://thegoodstuffshop.dk/group.asp?group=3120
Or you could buy the blade from here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE