1st time fly fishing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Having had the date in our diaries for a couple of weeks, My cousin and I headed off to the lake at some unearthly hour (well for a Saturday anyway :))

image0086.jpg

As a complete novice at fly fishing, i did manage to hook a few trees, reeds, the bank and even my coat. But best of all, I managed to land a nice brace of rainbows :) both caught on a white zonker, incase anyone wanted to know.

image0088a.jpg

They have now been cleaned and gutted, and are sat in the fridge. I am looking forward to the next time, which incidentally is tomorrow :) rather hastily arranged this evening :) we are going to a different lake so will see how it goes there.

Calurix

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 12, 2010
Moray, Scotland
Good to see you enjoyed yourself.

As T1viper already mentioned good to see the quality of the fish as the fins and tails look good.

Regards,

I

IBrown

Well Done on your first trip to a Lake. I don't fish lakes myself, I am a river fly fisher. Its a lot more delicate type of flyfishing and wild brown trout. I am of to the River Usk on Wednesday.
Regards
Ian

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Had such an enjoyable time yesterday, I just couldn't say no to another invitation for today, albeit at a different lake, Rib Vally Lakes, near Ware.

1000425a.jpg

A very stiff breeze blowing off the lake didn't make casting too easy for a novice such as myself. With numerous ticket options available we had decided on a timed 4 hours with a one fish bag limit and catch and release thereafter, which coincidentally, would allow us to be home in time for lunch :)

As already said, the weather conditions were not really in my favour, and after standing on the bank freezing for just over three and a half hours only having had a few bites I was just about ready to quit. (my cousin had caught his fish about an hour after we arrived.) eventually decided to have a few more casts, well might as well see the time out, and with just about 10 mins to go I finally landed a fish :)

1000427.jpg

which made the morning more worthwhile. and just to put the icing on the cake, I landed another one two or three casts later :)

unfortunatly due to having to unhook in the water, I was unable to get a photo of the second one, but the two really made my day.

sorry for the long post, but you might be able to tell I have had a most enjoyable weekend - now to try and persuade the Mrs that I need my own rod :) :)

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Good work Feller!

I went out for the first time in an age on Friday took the #10, had 2 pike and lost one whilst my mate blanked on the lures. Got me enthused about the fluff chucking again though!

Hope to get out asap now, hopefully get stocky bashing for a day or two

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE