1st knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Juggernaut

May 16, 2013
Scarborough
www.yorkknife.co.uk

First go at knife making by myself, lots of research, a day with mark hill a few years back and YouTube since then as the tools had been stored away in my lockup due to a house move :(

Finally had a proper bash at it again today :)

Whatcha think?

Last edited:

Juggernaut

May 16, 2013
Scarborough
www.yorkknife.co.uk
Well thank you for the feedback, was just a play really.

Specs are 01 tool steel, 6mm, scandi grind with a not so scandi secondary bevel and a micarta set of scales with stainless pins.

What did I have in mind hmmmmm, **** utility maybe... it's hardly a French trapper is it lol

Going to sort a little leather sheath for it next, pics incoming :)

Luke

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
I think we met a couple of times at Stead Hall wood of blessed memory. Damn fine effort for your first knife, it has the look of a rugged frontier tool to me, a knife you could take that would do most things well enough so you only need the one tool. More power to you !

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
How are folk getting to see the pictures? All I see on the forum is the Photobucket upgrade banner. I thought that I might be able to click on the image and get it to open in PB, but that doesn't work.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
There was a banner bar to read in the Photobucket site. On June 27, 2017, they changed their Terms of Service.
You (and I) cannot use PB as a source of linked images. That is, unless you pay an annual subscription fee of $399.00.

Do not delete your pictures in PB or the links disappear for older pictures.
There may be a couple of work-arounds coming but PB has been busy patching leaks.

Some people are copying all their images into Flickr.
Others are recommending Post Image, which is what I will try to figure out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE