1980s Survival catalogue pages

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Real expert magazine hoarders have S.W.A.T. magazines - C&S is too new :)
I have written for them both - SWAT was better...
Used to read them too, pathetic isn't it? Mind you it was what introduced me to the Buffalo clothing system, could have been one of your articles. I found the claims a bit hard to swallow until I tried it out.

Reactions: Rambo Rees

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
I loved SWAT it was brilliant most of the time.
I might have some of your articles Laurentius as I had some of John Fenna's. I have 2 A4 folders full of them. I also have the diary they did one year.

Reactions: Rambo Rees

Navaja

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2016
Spain/UK
Survival Aids Catalogue 1986.....

Thanks RR, I was browsing this thread when I spotted a familiar knife.....

aob51CC.jpeg

....I inherited one from my Dad some time ago & a search turned up nothing (not surprising really), I know he bought it at one of the 80's Game Fairs.

t7FvXRa.jpeg

All for £18.95 including huge choil.
A bucket full of Mauser's at 13.95 would've been nice considering what folks will pay for them now. Might have even beaten inflation!

GNJC

Forager
Jul 10, 2005
Carms / Sir Gar
I loved SWAT it was brilliant most of the time.
I might have some of your articles Laurentius as I had some of John Fenna's. I have 2 A4 folders full of them. I also have the diary they did one year.
I think I have lot of old copies of that in a trunk in a shed, and its 'Annual', hadn't thought of it for years, will have a look tomorrow - in fact my mind boggle as what else may be with them; catalogues and the like I mean... :rolleyes:

Watch-keeper

Life Member
Sep 3, 2013
London
I still have my survival aids (Euston Stn) olive green with grey inside down vest, I think it was made for them by Rab. Its still in pretty good condition although has a few bits of repair tape on it and could do with a clean. Im sure I also bought my crusader mug from there too.

Navaja

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2016
Spain/UK
I have a silver hawk.

Do you know where you got it?
I wonder where these were made as there isn't any makers mark or anything, were they a Survival Aids knife only I wonder?
In the 80's were Chinese manufactured import knives common? Or more likely Japan or Germany...?
Anyone have any thoughts?

Watch-keeper

Life Member
Sep 3, 2013
London
I still have my olive green and grey down vest I bought in Survival Aids at Euston station, I'm sure it was made by Rab for survival aids. I saved every penny I could from my paper round and any other jobs I could get so I could buy it.

pwb

The excitement of receiving the new SA or SASS catalogue was something I miss very much. As a young teen the goods were well out of my range but I could dream...

I have a SA bivi bag I bought on here, was one of those sought after items back in the day
I've still got some SASS catalogues .They made fantastic equipment.
Bought a Berghaus Munro from SA in 86 still going strong.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
I have been clearing out some storage and happened on this

IMG_5245.jpeg
I have to say that some of the colour choices are fairly honking but as always still some good bits in there.

Louis

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE