1970's Reality TV Survival show - Youtube video

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Cracking find Cobweb!! Thanks.

What was the name of the more recent Prog set in Scotland featuring a larger community trying to survive? anyone know?

Reactions: Madriverrob

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Just had the Youtube gods bless me with this gem!

Great find, but I am as sceptical about 70's reality TV as I am about current stuff. Who the hell sets out on 2 weeks bush survival wearing white bell-bottoms?! - and how were his knees still clean after over a week of building shelters, collecting firewood and foraging? I don't know about you lot, but my knees are grubby within 10 minutes of setting up camp :)

Last edited:
Reactions: crosslandkelly

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Great find, but I am as sceptical about 70's reality TV as I am about current stuff. Who the hell sets out on 2 weeks bush survival wearing white bell-bottoms?! - and how were his knees still clean after over a week off building shelters, collecting firewood and foraging? I don't know about you lot, but my knees are grubby within 10 minutes of setting up camp :)

Optimistic Hippies Broch. :)

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
Who the hell sets out on 2 weeks bush survival wearing white bell-bottoms?! -
I don't know if you were around at the time but people tended to just wear their everyday clothes. Outdoorsy uniforms were really reserved for the pros. And there wasn't any internet or TV personalities informing folk what clothes they should wear.
I probably camped out in beige corduroy flares a few times in the late 70s.
The secret was not to care.:)

Last edited:

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Nationwide did a good one in the late 70s. The name of the intrepid presenter will come back to me, but he was given some training and dumped on a (Scottish?) island with instructions to make a video report every so often. He got pretty miserable.

Maybe Bob Langley?

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I don't know if you were around at the time but people tended to just wear their everyday clothes. Outdoorsy uniforms were really reserved for the pros. And there wasn't any internet or TV personalities informing folk what clothes they should wear.
I probably camped out in beige corduroy flares a few times in the late 70s.
The secret was not to care.:)
Mine were purple, right hippy chic.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE