15" Bahco Bowsaw...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Drongo

Aug 19, 2008
Lisburn
I picked one of these up in a sale ages ago...

Can't find anywhere that stocks new blades though...

Anyone help..?

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
You'd need a carbide drill bit to make a new hole in it.:eek:

Not at all :D

There not that hard to drill to be honest as its mainly the teeth that are the hardest part I have cut down several blades before ;)

What you need is a vise and a either a hacksaw or angle grinder to cut the blade to length.

Then you need to mark where you want the holes to be take an old screwdriver pozi works best sharpen it with a grinder to a sharp point now use this and a hammer / mallet to punch where your wanting your holes to go, works best if the blade is supported on a scrap piece of wood.
you should be able to get the holes through the blade.
Then clamp the blade down very securely as you dont want it spinning as you drill it Im currently using a £3 set of drill bit that I got from a supermarket.

Start drilling the holes with a drill bit the same size as the holes youve punched cleans up any burrs.
Work your way up the drill bits about a mm in size at a time until you reach the size your needing and it will drill it fine just dont try to drill it to fast slower speed is best ;)

cheers Russ ;)

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Good find Bob...

£4.50 postage for one saw blade though.... :(

Cheers anyways...

Toolbank supply most builders merchants in the country. 15" is an unusual size but you can order through any builders merchant and toolbank will deliver it in a couple of days. If you have any problems obtaining one give me a shout and I'll get the number for their local Rep.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE