1000 Posts comp - Mystery prize!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
On the wilderness first aid course, there was some debate on the correct angle to use when checking a prostate.

Last edited:

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
guy on the left: Wheres the nearest water source ?
guy buy the fire: its off that way keep going you will hear it soon enough
guy on the left: are you sure its that way i can hear it but cant see it.
guy buy the fire: yea its that way "thinking come on just go i want your leg of lamb thats cooking here just go"

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Right, resurrecting this. I've looked at the contributions (thanks to everyone) and made my decision, and then my wife has looked too and made her own decision.

Surprisingly, we agree.

The biggest laugh was caused by Emma, but she is disqualified through not actually contributing to the theme of the thread, and so the winner is....

Puddock. :D:red::D:red::D

I still haven't entirely worked out what the prize is, but it is getting there, and will likely be a sort of mixed bag of goodies. PM me an address mate and I'll get something in the post next week.

Thanks for looking everyone.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
He wasn't. It's MSkiba being sent to the naughty corner, and The Big Lebowski is the guy in the camo. I'm not entirely sure of the other two, to be honest - I'm terrible with names. I think the seated guy is Scott of the Llandow, but I'm not sure.

My wife couldn't see TBL in the picture even after I told her there were 4 people in the picture!

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
No caption yet, but anyone else spot the bloke in the cammo beside the one by the fire? I've looked at this picture about 5 time previously and only just spotted him.

Camouflage works!!

I find it helps to get closer to the wildlife.... :rolleyes:

Didn't actually realise I was in there, until I read your reply LoL!

Last edited:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I find it helps to get closer to the wildlife.... :rolleyes:

Didn't actually realise I was in there, until I read your reply LoL!

I think that makes my point even more profound. Camouflage works, even on the wearer. "Help! I'm so well camouflaged I've lost myself." :lmao:

Helps you get close to wildlife, yeah I can see how that would work.
I did read somewhere the animals don't actually need you to be wearing various greens as day-glo orange works just as well because they're colourblind. Not too sure how correct that is though. I do know that a mate of mine, when hunting wild boar with his rifle and other mates, has to wear a day-glo vest and hat just to make sure no one shoots another when they're rustling about in the bushes. At least with the day-glo you stand some chance of being seen and a friendly fire epsiode is lessened. Kinda scary that thought based on some of the hunters I've seen over here. Most are dyed in the wool shoot first, check what it is afterwards. Bit like playing Russian roulette I imagine.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE