10 litre Thermette/Volcano kettle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brynderi

Nov 2, 2003
New Zealand
There's a shop called complete outdoors selling tin and copper thermettes in Christchurch. Doesn't say whether they're locally made or made in China.

http://www.completeoutdoors.co.nz/campmaster-copper-thermette-xidp153474.html

http://www.completeoutdoors.co.nz/campmaster-tin-thermette-xidp153422.html

The company that used to produce them (according to the box they came in) was called Kestrel Developments Ltd with a post office box address in Onehunga, Auckland, but they no longer seem to exist.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Just received the trivet (?) that go's on the top of my 20 pint kettle. Very well made but I think I'm more likely to use it to convert the base piece into hobbo stove rather than on top although I'll give it a go.

I'm toying with putting a bigger hole in it that will line up with the filler hole so i can put a tube and funnel through so I can top the tank up without taking the trivet off it and use the thing for simmering.

Since it's for base camps when you want a constant source of hot water on tap at meal times I think the trivet will be more use than the contraptions for the tops of 4 pint Thermettes or Kelly's which come to the boil so fast you'd have to be damn quick to do more than heat up a can of beans on the exhaust heat.

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
D'oh! Sorry, the lads have walked me off my feet today so I'm dopier than usual. Yeah the Eco Kettle doesn't have any other means of lifting it.

If I ever use the 1 pint Kelly again I may take the bail handle off as it's always got in the way packing and just use a trangia handle insted.

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE