1 week November Wild Camping / Fishing Loch Lomond

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'd say get yourself a canoe if you haven't already and get out on the islands.

I believe wild camping is a no no round the shores of Loch Lomond now due to the place being trashed by the neds.

Dunk

Forager
Feb 4, 2007
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Shewie: no car or canoe and its £30 a day to rent one!!! they will never find me on the shores i willl be hiding.

Scrogger: Loch Achray does look nice but i would not know how to get there apart from walk there.

B

bushyboo

go to Ardlui and get the small ferry over to the other side less chance of bumping into neds and it less spoilt over there
just a suggestion

Gordon

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Damn good suggestion. Didn't know such a thing existed.

There's the campsite on Inchcailoch as well. They ferry you out from Balmaha. I've met plenty of coaches on the road there so someone must run a bus there.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
go to Ardlui and get the small ferry over to the other side less chance of bumping into neds and it less spoilt over there
just a suggestion

Gordon

You've obviously a better idea than me Gordon but it says on my old(ish) map that the Ardlui ferry only runs in summer. Might be worth a phone call anyway Dunk.

B

bushyboo

You've obviously a better idea than me Gordon but it says on my old(ish) map that the Ardlui ferry only runs in summer. Might be worth a phone call anyway Dunk.

you could be right Rich
better to give them a ring before hand we always took the boat up and launched from the marina

Gordon

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
you can still camp on loch lomond, i live here, a good place to camp is just before Millochay bay on the east side, there is a ancient oak wood there and a big parking bay with a path off to the left, im up there all the time with no probs, i even go down and have a chat at the ranger station and have a clean up with some bin bags before i even pitch my tarp, they wont have a problem with you if they see you are responsible..

Col...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE