09 honey stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
Spoony,

If we are paying the paypal fees at source, surely the amount we send will be £29 as well?!

i have had some PMs stating theres no option to pay fees at source, i think you all know, i need to recieve £29 pounds whether you pay the extra to cover fees or pay them at source.
Why do i get the feeling this is going to go terribly wrong :confused:

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Okay, just so Spoony doesn't get stitched up- if you want to pay the fees yourself and send exactly £29:

1. Log in at paypal
2. Select the "Send money" tab
3. Where it says "Purchase/Personal" on a tab, select the "Personal" option as a "Personal payment owed" and send £29. You will then pay the fees and Spoony gets the full £29.

HTH

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Okay, just so Spoony doesn't get stitched up- if you want to pay the fees yourself and send exactly £29:

1. Log in at paypal
2. Select the "Send money" tab
3. Where it says "Purchase/Personal" on a tab, select the "Personal" option as a "Personal payment owed" and send £29. You will then pay the fees and Spoony gets the full £29.

HTH

So what is Spoony actually receiving if we send £30.23

I`ve never seen an option for paying the fees myself, maybe I`m looking in the wrong place.

I don`t think everybody has the option to send it as personal payment owed though, I asked for it before on a couple of group buys and it`s not always possible apparently.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
I haven't got a special account so everyone should be able to do it. Sending £30.23 works out right- 3.4% + 20p transaction fee. Just there was no reason to work it out (even via Rolbe) as the facility is already there!

ncarvajal

Tenderfoot
Aug 24, 2008
UK - Colombia - Norway
To keep things clear it might be an idea to update your payment status in the list so spoony can clearly see who has paid or not and the rest of us can get a clearer idea of how long we have to wait for our goodies to arrive:

I have taken the liberty of reading the thread and updating the info for people who clearly have stated they have paid. Those who have paid and not on the list, please update it.

Barney 1
Bashabuddy 1 (PAID)
Bumpy 1 (PAID)
FGYT 1 (PAID)
Groundhog 1
gzornenplat 1
Jaarkeal 1
KiltedPict 1
korvin karbon 1
myotis 1
overlander 1
porchini 1 (PAID)
scanker 1
scrimmy 1
scrogger 1
smarvell 1
shewie 1 (PAID)
widu13 1
DanDan The man called Dan
sparks 1
ncarvajal 1 (PAID)
Claudiasboris 1 (PAID)
Scoman 1 (PAID)
Sharp 1 (PAID)
Verloc 1 (PAID)
Dingo 1 (PAID)
Prophecy 1 (PAID)
Wildrover 2
javi 1 (PAID)

gzornenplat

Forager
Jan 21, 2009
Surrey
I paid within 15 minutes of Spoony saying he wanted the money.

Perhaps it would be best if *he* maintained a list of people he has received money from
rather than having a list of people who have said on this list that the money is sent.

The two aren't necessarily the same: some people who say they have paid may not have
managed to get their payment through - rejections happen - and others, like me, are being
advertised by you as not paying when actually we have.

Feb 5, 2008
Datchet
I paid within 15 minutes of Spoony saying he wanted the money.

Perhaps it would be best if *he* maintained a list of people he has received money from
rather than having a list of people who have said on this list that the money is sent.

The two aren't necessarily the same: some people who say they have paid may not have
managed to get their payment through - rejections happen - and others, like me, are being
advertised by you as not paying when actually we have.

yep me too.

I'm sure our friend is trying to help but I am confident spoony has this all well in hand;)

gzornenplat

Forager
Jan 21, 2009
Surrey
I didn't mean to imply that ncarvajal was doing anything but being helpful, but I'm off to
Spain for a few days and if I hadn't just happened to check this thread, it would look for
quite some time as if I was holding things up when I was probably one of the first few to
send the money.

And it would be nice to know that Spoony says it actually got to him.

ncarvajal

Tenderfoot
Aug 24, 2008
UK - Colombia - Norway
It was just an idea I suggested it as a way of keeping the thread updated in a clear and easy to follow fashion so everyone has visibilty of where the status of the group buy is at.

I agree re potentially payments not having gone through but in that case if we have a list of people saying they have paid, then spoony can easily refrence it and check. If for some reason a payment is not received he can then contact that person individually and amend their status on the list.

I also stated that I only added people who I saw explicitly saying they paid in this thread and if I had missed anyone out to update their status accordingly as I was sure some people simply PM'd Spoony and did not message in the thread or maybe I missed some people.

However, if people do not think it is a good idea then that is fine too! :)

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
Barney 1
Bashabuddy 1 (PAID)
Bumpy 1 (PAID)
FGYT 1 (PAID)
Groundhog 1
gzornenplat 1
Jaarkeal 1
KiltedPict 1
korvin karbon 1 (PAID)
myotis 1
overlander 1
porchini 1 (PAID)
scanker 1
scrimmy 1
scrogger 1
smarvell 1
shewie 1 (PAID)
widu13 1
DanDan The man called Dan
sparks 1
ncarvajal 1 (PAID)
Claudiasboris 1 (PAID)
Scoman 1 (PAID)
Sharp 1 (PAID)
Verloc 1 (PAID)
Dingo 1 (PAID)
Prophecy 1 (PAID)
Wildrover 2
javi 1 (PAID)

Payment sent PM too

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE