£2.00 solid fuel camping stove B& M stores

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
http://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/camping-stove-with-solid-fuel-297866

2 position stove for different pot sizes, 24 fuel tablets, compact and pretty light weight too, the fuel tablets weigh more than the stove.

I intend to use it for keeping prepped food warm while cooking up other goodies on the main stove.

The fuel tablets are circular and approx 20mm dia X 9mm thick, anyone know of cheap fuel tablet replacements (they don't have to be same dimensions\shape).

I do not know what the supplied fuel tablets are made of, any ideas ?

Cheers.

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
The tablets supplied with the stove are most likely hexamine.

Using a windshield will really help with the efficiency of the stove

Personally I too prefer Esbit blocks over the hexy tabs - or you could use a monkey boy stove (mini alcohol burner - search the site on how to make one.) You could also use ethanol gel fuels too in a suitable container to fit in the stove.

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Esbit fuel blocks is a good replacement but to be honest you'd do better just buying a load of those cookers instead

Thought that might be the case re cost, for my purposes maybe cheap fire-lighters or tea-candles will do for keeping stuff warm, or a really mini fibre filled alcohol stove (I already made one using a lip balm tin - worth a try).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE