£10 from the local camping shop

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
I was at the local camping shop some weeks back and saw this looking forlorn and wet having spent some weeks outside as the demonstrator model.

Last of the line, they wanted a tenner for it so i went for it.

DSCF1545.jpg

I gave it a good wash and only set it up again today.

DSCF1548.jpg

It is basically a comfortable sized 1 man tent / hooped bivi or at a squeeze a 2 man.

DSCF1546.jpg

Weighs about 1.5 kilos, here it is next to a Shangri-La 3

DSCF1559.jpg

It is also a double skin, with the roof of the inner being mesh for good air flow.

DSCF1558.jpg

And i'd estimate it being 7 feet long, as I had plenty of space when in it.

DSCF1551.jpgDSCF1552.jpg

Some more pics:

DSCF1544.jpgDSCF1546.jpgDSCF1549.jpgDSCF1550.jpgDSCF1553.jpgDSCF1554.jpgDSCF1555.jpgDSCF1556.jpgDSCF1557.jpg

And it's made by Campri - I remember having a ski jacket made by them about 25 years ago!

Not bad for a tenner...

Snozz

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I used to have the exact same one of those. Bought it back in the mid 80's and served me well at several biker rallies. My wife and I even shared it at the Bulldog bash in 1989 and man was that cramped, but cosy. We upgraded to a dome tent soon after. Still puzzles me for what happened to it. Don't know if I sold it or gave it away.

Anyway, nice find a steal for a tenner.

I emptied a can of Fabsil on mine because when the outer layer touched the inner mesh I got dripped on bigtime. In picture number 8 where the outer layer loops over the hoop I found the rainwater would soak in there, so I sewed a loop on the fly sheet and attached a cord to a tent peg to pul it away from the fabric, it helped enormously. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Bargain, good catch snozz

I had a yellow Campri jacket when I was at middle school, I found a photo of me with it on the other day, far to embarrassing to scan and share on here though :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE