£10,000

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
If I gave you ten grand how you would spend it? *

Try and keep it a little bit bushcrafty but anything goes. Imagine you're starting with nothing, work and family commitments can be ignored to keep it nice and simple.

How would you spend it, would you go for that once in a lifetime trip? Buy a tipi and stove, a royalex canoe, and a ferry ticket to Norway? A time share in a Swedish log cabin next to a lake somewhere remote? Buy a load of gucci gear and just enjoy it when you can? A year of courses at Woodlore? Try and get your NCFE bushcraft instructors badge? Buy a wee sailing boat and tour the Scottish islands one summer?

Add links and pics if you want

* I don't have £10k spare unfortunately so this is purely hypothetical

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
small plot of land with trees. use the timber tae build myself an ecohome based around a pictish roundhouse and the rest tae invest in some animals for the missus tae manage for resources. she does the animals, i do the land. 10 grand goes a long way if you can live without many comforts :D

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Id take the family on a trip to the Great Lakes & The Rocky Mountains and hire some professional guides to show us the non tourist (read spoilt) areas, and then Id go on to Disney World, where id meet up with my Uncle and cousins who live in Florida and basically have a blast.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
I'd take myself n Bivibabe on a trip to the Rockies, spending our time on a horse trek with a guide for a couple of weeks. Followed by some canoeing and maybe some light backpacking too. A few nights in a 5 star hotel to recover of course at the end of it all.. :)

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
If i had nothing then i'd either use it to set myself up in business, or i'd get a job and invest it.
Difficult guessing what to invest in these days, but i'd have this as a long term investment so would probably go for £10k worth of premium bonds.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I'd go straight to Canada for 6 months to check out work opportunities and dissapear for a while into the wilderness.

gabrielsdad

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2012
north staffs
Without a doubt. Anythung that could transport me to most navigable pount on the danube. A novacraf5 prospector. Lavvu and stove. And go all the way down to the sea. Im already gathrrung the gear for it, aling with the neccesary skills and 8 more years me and my son are going to do it

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I would buy a plot of land adjoining mine and plant coppice wood on it for fuel independence. A circle of trees would be allowed to grow to maturity for Shewie to pitch his hammock in for perpetuity

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
Having just done an 'experience' as a gift I would buy a Segway with off road tires for bushcraft - they're brilliant and then I would waste the other £5K.

Last edited:

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Well Rich for me it would be pack the ultra light kit up and get a cheap flight to the USA were i would set about doing the triple crown

Jason

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE