• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Barn Owl
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• All arrived safe and well this morning Tom thanks, it's been a pleaseure doing business with you.
    Si
    Hi Tam,i was wondering if you could possibly bring your big cooking pot for the communal meal please,as i don,t think mine will be near big enough,as i have just finished packing and having looked at mine,i'm starting to have my doubts about its size.
    Many thanks in advance.

Cheers Stuart.
    Hello again Tam, Not booked my flight yet so might manage a pint or that in Ayr if you fancy. You are welcome to Bulgaria for a visit anytime you like. I'll message you again once my flight is sorted and I know what I'm doing (which will be a first lol)
    Hello Tam. Just been wandering about up north for the last wee bit. I'm back in Kilwinning for a visit with my friends then off back to Bulgaria. Hope this finds you well.
    John
    Good to know there's some other canoeists as nuts as me out there, & by nuts I mean able to appreciate the outdoors even in a blizzard. Must be magic up at Loch Lomond right now I spent 4 days up on Clairinch on my todd about 3 weeks ago & I thoroughly enjoyed it. I've camped on three of the islands before but not the wallaby one did you see any of the little critters? I'm convinced I caught a glimpse of one, as I paddled past, it darted into the wood, very dark in colour as I remember - I thought they were grey!
    I lived at Auchincruive for 2 years so I know the area quite well - just wish I had canoed more of it. Did the water board ever reduce the flow of the river doon? I remember there being a big hoo haa on SOTP a while back.

Thanks for the reply tom I'll keep an ear to the ground but if you get wind of any trips would you mind dropping me a message? it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Martin.
    Hi Barn owl - is see you are a paddler, do you get out on the water much in ayrshire? I've paddled up and down loch doon a few times and the river ayr from cumnock to auchincruive great river only wish I'd went when it was in spate, my fiberglass apache got scratched to bits & theres a few desceptive flat sandstone shelfs that hang around just under the surface. Anywhere else you would suggest - I'm working up the bottle to do a big stretch of the Tay but I would rather go in a group, looks very powerfull at some points. Anyway good to see another paddler/bushcrafter.

Take it easy,
    Martin.
    Tam, I've just upgraded my computer, unfortunately I've lost all my email addresses can you email me so that I can replace it mate.

Cheers John
    Hi Barn,
    Are you coming up to brownlee tomorrow? A birdy tells me you used to wear the serge? I retired from it in Feb this year.

All the best
    John
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…