Surprise Lakes birthday trip - suggestions?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
Might be able to get over to the north of the Lake District this weekend for my better half's birthday. Last minute planning.

I'm after any recommendations for either a really nice B&B or a site that will allow our T4 and allows fires.

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
The Limes Country Guest House. It's near the Rheged eco centre and its a nice place to stay.

Good food, good bar, pleasant staff and the room, it was an old fashioned type of thing, but clean and comfortable. Really enjoyed staying there... my wife had an exhibition at the Rheged centre and usually we'd camp, but ended up with a B&B.

There are campsites near Penrith that are good, but try not to hit them at the weekend... its like trying to sleep at a busy train station at the weekend.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
If the weather stays like it's been you can't beat it.

I've been going there for 25 years and always look forward to going back. There are some great low and high level walks straight from the campsite, and lots more within a very short drive. Derwentwater is only 10 minutes away, and Keswick 20 minutes.

It's a very simple campsite though, with only toilets and cold water. If you don't mind that it's a winner. I've just spent an excellent weekend there with the kids, who love it too. A campervan is about the largest vehicle that can get up the rough track to the site, but it is popular with vanners.

Cheers, Michael.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE