1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

Permanent log in?

Discussion in 'How do I?' started by ol smokey, Mar 14, 2014.

1. ol smokey

ol smokey Full Member

I used to be able to permanently log in to the site, but of recent times, each time I follow someone's link, I am shut out and require to log in again. Is there any way round this?. Any help welcome.

2. ashby001

ashby001 Forager

There should be a remember me box to tick and also make sure you have cookies enabled :) that should work

3. ol smokey

ol smokey Full Member

Hi Ashby, I do have a remember me box which I tick, and a Tick then appears on it, but I still get locked out. Should I
    Tick the remember me box before I log in , or after. Neither seem to stop the unlocking each time I am referred to a site. Out with Bushcraft. Thanks for responding to my question. Cheers Stuart.

#3 ol smokey, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  4. dwardo

dwardo Maker

No issues at this end and its best to tick the box before you login. If that doesnt do it I would guess there is a problem with your browser and storing the data.

5. Damascus

Damascus Native

For what it's worth I have the same problem with my iPad but not with the desk top iMac, so you are not alone!

6. ashby001

ashby001 Forager

Delete your browsing history and cookies. It might well be that its muddled some data up or something and needs a refresh

7. Tony

Tony White bear (Admin)
    Admin

Yeah, good advice from ashby above, there's no reason on the site side of things that you'll be getting kicked out, well, nothing that i've heard of or seen anyway....if you clear your stuff and it's still playing up I'll have another look at it...

8. tiger stacker

tiger stacker Native

About once a month or so, my permanent login to this and a couple of other sites require relogging on. No great fuss, just a case of retyping the relevant password.

9. Damascus

Damascus Native

My problems occurred when I updated to OS7 on the ipad, prior to that things were fine, it's not just this site.